AIM update notes - **Updated Jan 2019**

It's happened! Good darts!

I still find it convenient to copy and paste from a search in a second AIM window, but it's not necessary.

"Delete selected" is a great improvement but it still only works on one image at a time, as is "select all" for tagging similar subjects, but it still runs up against the tag limit with legacy images..

It may be too much to ask to be able to delete tags from groups of images, but I'm asking.

Edited by spacecadet

You can delete as many tags as you like by clicking on them while holding down Ctrl, then pressing Delete Selected.  Much easier than aiming for that little cross. Apologies if that's not what you meant. Works a treat, and selecting super tags works much better too. Very pleased, thanks Alamy!

2 hours ago, scotstock said:

You can delete as many tags as you like by clicking on them while holding down Ctrl, then pressing Delete Selected.  Much easier than aiming for that little cross. Apologies if that's not what you meant. Works a treat, and selecting super tags works much better too. Very pleased, thanks Alamy!

I don't have to hold down ctrl.

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, Craig Yates said:

Has anyone else lost the AIM update. It has worked for most of the day but the new options have now gone?

After it happened to me, I contacted Contributor support. I deleted my browser cache, as they advised me, and the new tools returned. You might also need to clear your cookies (I didn't do that), or simply just refresh the page in the browser. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

I made a post about this earlier today, as it happened to me and I contacted Contributor support. I deleted my browser cache, as they advised me, and the new tools returned. You might also need to clear your cookies (I didn't do that), or simply just refresh the page in the browser. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks Steve,sorted, after clearing cache in Chrome.

Thanks Alamy! Mostly looks good, but I still find that if the mouse moves by even 1 pixel when I click on a tag AIM thinks I want to click and drag to reorder the tag instead of just selecting it. So the tag momentarily changes colour (as if selected) then changes back. 

Anyone else have this problem?

Mark

Apart from the blue colour, I couldn't see the new tools either. They only appeared after I cleared the cache.

I guess lots of contributors will not realise they're there.

Gen

4 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Thanks Alamy! Mostly looks good, but I still find that if the mouse moves by even 1 pixel when I click on a tag AIM thinks I want to click and drag to reorder the tag instead of just selecting it. So the tag momentarily changes colour (as if selected) then changes back. 

Anyone else have this problem?

Mark

In my case on my laptop it wants to combine selected tags in stead of moving 2 or 3 selected tags. Maybe it's better on a desktop.

Still a convoluted way of working with plain text. The button to delete all tags is a workaround, remember. A welcome one, but a workaround.

From the Rube Goldberg school of design.

wim

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wiskerke said:

In my case on my laptop it wants to combine selected tags in stead of moving 2 or 3 selected tags. Maybe it's better on a desktop.

Still a convoluted way of working with plain text. The button to delete all tags is a workaround, remember. A welcome one, but a workaround.

From the Rube Goldberg school of design.

wim

Hi Wim,

Which OS and browser are you using? I'm using a Mac High Sierra with Google Chrome (not sure if this is factor). I do have my mouse sensitivity quite high (75mm sweep moves from one side of screen to the other) which is probably the main factor, but it's how I like it for most activities. Maybe I'll be forced to turn it down. AIM does seem to be remarkably sensitive in this respect.

Mark

54 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I do have my mouse sensitivity quite high (75mm sweep moves from one side of screen to the other) which is probably the main factor, but it's how I like it for most activities. Maybe I'll be forced to turn it down. AIM does seem to be remarkably sensitive in this respect.

I have two mice (mouses?), one a vertical mouse, plus a tracker ball connected.  Using software called eithermouse I can control the speed of each mouse individually.  Unfortunately, it appears to be Windows only but if you can find an equivalent for the Mac, and have a spare mouse, that could be an option.

As mentioned on another thread, I think it would be better if the blue shading was removed when an image is selected and replaced with a thick red border.

Otherwise, good so far.

John.

1 hour ago, Vincent Lowe said:

I have two mice (mouses?), one a vertical mouse, plus a tracker ball connected.  Using software called eithermouse I can control the speed of each mouse individually.  Unfortunately, it appears to be Windows only but if you can find an equivalent for the Mac, and have a spare mouse, that could be an option.

Turning the sensitivity down is easy, but for all other programs, my current settings (which I like) are fine. It's just AIM that seems overly sensitive.

MacOS allows the sensitivity to be altered as does a program called Cursorsense which allows individual settings  on a mouse by mouse basis. Although I'm beginning to wonder if CursorSense might be the cause of the problem. I need to do some more testing.

Mark

5 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Hi Wim,

Which OS and browser are you using? I'm using a Mac High Sierra with Google Chrome (not sure if this is factor). I do have my mouse sensitivity quite high (75mm sweep moves from one side of screen to the other) which is probably the main factor, but it's how I like it for most activities. Maybe I'll be forced to turn it down. AIM does seem to be remarkably sensitive in this respect.

Mark

FF on Win10. Everything is absolutely default on this laptop. No mouse, just a regular touchpad.

wim

The new look and features look good. Just one thought... In addition to informing us how many pix we are working on at once, could we have, say, a blue bar for when we're working on just one pic... with the bar turning to red, say, when there's multiple pix selected. It's easier to register a colour than to read a number...