Robert Convery

Favourite photos in October '18

Myeongdong in Seoul, South Korea ... a shopper's paradise (I think I broke the mantra of 'shooting local'... oh well! :ph34r:)

streets-of-myeongdong-in-seoul-south-korea-bust-with-shoppers-and-tourists-PYDGW3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We were cycling past Toul cathedral when I noticed this grey heron standing by the side of the river. Had to take two photos and combine to get a sharp focus on the bird and church.

a-grey-heron-by-the-side-of-the-moselle-

Edited by Bryan

That was my last pics for October:

Darwin, Australia. 31st Oct, 2018. Children walk by the Halloween decorations in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 2018.10.31 - Credit: Regis Martin/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Darwin, Australia. 31st Oct, 2018. Children walk by the Halloween decorations in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 2018.10.31 - Credit: Regis Martin/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Low Force waterfall from the Pennine Way. Bowlees, Teesdale, North Pennines AONBnorth-pennines-aonb-landscape-panoramic-view-of-low-force-waterfall-teesdale-from-the-pennine-way-with-autumn-colours-and-bright-sunshine-PYX3NF.jpg

Edited by Richard Laidler
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard Laidler said:

Low Force waterfall from the Pennine Way. Bowlees, Teesdale, North Pennines AONB

Lovely shot!  While High Force is more dramatic, the light and autumn colour at Low Force provide a more attractive scene.

Three more shots from South Korea.. this time we are in Haeundae, a district of the city of Busan.

Haeundae Market as the light starts to fail for the day.

people-amble-through-haeundae-maerket-at-dusk-as-it-goes-dark-and-lights-come-on-haeundae-busan-south-korea-PYHR1X.jpg

Haeundae Beach at night

haeundai-beach-at-night-with-skyscrapers-of-the-city-lit-up-in-the-dark-haeundae-busan-south-korea-PYKW97.jpg

Looking across a pedestrian crossing down one of the main streets in Haeundae.

people-cross-a-pedestrian-crossing-at-night-in-haeundae-busan-south-korea-behind-the-street-is-full-or-bright-lights-shining-in-the-dark-PYKWAP.jpg

12 hours ago, Bryan said:

Lovely shot!  While High Force is more dramatic, the light and autumn colour at Low Force provide a more attractive scene.

Thanks very much Bryan. I quite agree with you, IMO its a much more attractive setting albeit not as dramatic as its bigger sister further upstream. I'm particularly pleased with this one because its actually 3 shots (hand held at that!) on an 18-135 zoom at 18mm, with the camera in the vertical position, merged in Lightroom to create a panorama then post-processed to produce this final result.