Images Sold in October (one per day per contributor)

empire-building-on-old-courthouse-square

Usage: Marketing package - Small business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people.
Start: 16 October 2018
End: 16 October 2023
(decent rate)

I am encouraged by how many natural history subjects appear on this thread. I have always enjoyed taking them but have never devoted much time to them because they haven't sold - because I haven't devoted much time to them - because they haven't sold - because.......

I am now doing more and trying harder. We'll see.

Set of six stacked wine barrels from López de Heredia Viña Tondonia (Haro, La Rioja, Spain)

set-of-six-stacked-wine-barrels-from-lpe

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 01 September 2023

Published here: https://www.decanter.com/premium/rioja-producers-rules-renegades-402199/

Detail of Label on bottle of The Ardmore Legacy Highland single malt Scotch whisky.

detail-of-label-on-bottle-of-the-ardmore-legacy-highland-single-malt-M2A80Y.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 19 October 2018
End: 19 October 2023
$ 19.99

2 hours ago, Sally said:

An affiliate sale. Not sure if that’s rather same as a distributor sale, but certainly means I get less than half.

red-wine-bottles-from-the-bordeaux-regio

38.5% to you, 20% to the affiliate website and 3% to the company that provides support for affiliate sales for Alamy. This despite the fact that the sale is made through alamy.com. 

https://www.alamy.com/customer/help/affiliate-program.aspx

6 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

My fifth 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' so far this month.

stacks-of-cigarette-cartons-are-piled-up

Yeah, it's my fourth.  Either there are a hell of a lot of people doing pointless presentations out there (well, that's a certainty! :lol:) and/or someone is telling porkies.:rolleyes:

On 20/10/2018 at 00:11, Rick Lewis said:

Finally got a sale for the month.  Nothing special.  Use for UK television.  Unlimited airing for perpetuity.  It was "zoomed" several times.

CSX Transportaion #3012, an evolution series GE ES44AH or GE ES44AC diesel locomotive, sits idle waiting for crew Stock Photo

But, a sale is a sale.

Rick

A UK TV usage will attract additional income through the DACS scheme. Just check that Alamy are going to claim on your behalf next year (assuming you don't do it yourself).

Just got another sale in. First of this type of license I have had. Does this mean the image is going to be used to develop artwork?

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Retail poster ;  Print run: up to 1,000 ;  Start: 22-October-2018 ; End: 22-October-2021 ; 
  Additional Details: Image will be used as a partial reference (not exact copy) and sold once

3 hours ago, KevinS said:

38.5% to you, 20% to the affiliate website and 3% to the company that provides support for affiliate sales for Alamy. This despite the fact that the sale is made through alamy.com. 

https://www.alamy.com/customer/help/affiliate-program.aspx

That’s interesting. Sounds like money for nothing as long as you have a website. 

3 hours ago, Sally said:

That’s interesting. Sounds like money for nothing as long as you have a website. 

It's money Alamy gives out for getting traffic to the site that results in a sale. It used to be called advertising, something Alamy should pay for entirely.

15 hours ago, losdemas said:

Yeah, it's my fourth.  Either there are a hell of a lot of people doing pointless presentations out there (well, that's a certainty! :lol:) and/or someone is telling porkies.:rolleyes:

Aaaand another one! I think 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' is the new 'Personal Use'. 

an-anonymous-catholic-priests-head-and-s

1 hour ago, Richard Baker said:

Aaaand another one! I think 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' is the new 'Personal Use'. 

I've had a full price PU as such this week.

Archived