ReeRay

Images Sold in October (one per day per contributor)

empire-building-on-old-courthouse-square

Usage: Marketing package - Small business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people.
Start: 16 October 2018
End: 16 October 2023
(decent rate)

I am encouraged by how many natural history subjects appear on this thread. I have always enjoyed taking them but have never devoted much time to them because they haven't sold - because I haven't devoted much time to them - because they haven't sold - because.......

I am now doing more and trying harder. We'll see.

An image (RF) that had been zoomed a few weeks ago, sold today as a PU.

View of the sea from Nightcliff Foreshore in Darwin, Northern Territory Australia Stock Photo

Shetland, 1993.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book

a-volunteer-environmental-worker-display

Set of six stacked wine barrels from López de Heredia Viña Tondonia (Haro, La Rioja, Spain)

set-of-six-stacked-wine-barrels-from-lpe

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 01 September 2023

Published here: https://www.decanter.com/premium/rioja-producers-rules-renegades-402199/

Finally got a sale for the month.  Nothing special.  Use for UK television.  Unlimited airing for perpetuity.  It was "zoomed" several times.

CSX Transportaion #3012, an evolution series GE ES44AH or GE ES44AC diesel locomotive, sits idle waiting for crew Stock Photo

But, a sale is a sale.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Detail of Label on bottle of The Ardmore Legacy Highland single malt Scotch whisky.

detail-of-label-on-bottle-of-the-ardmore-legacy-highland-single-malt-M2A80Y.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 19 October 2018
End: 19 October 2023
$ 19.99
Edited by Stan Pritchard
Sale refunded. Must have thought they were getting a cheap bottle of whisky.

Shoes in Toulouse, PU full price, and on a Saturday, too. Maybe a, er, shall we say, fan of footwear? Hope they don't think they've bought the shoes and get a refund

Display of Clarks and Mephisto brand shoes in a shop window, Toulouse, Occitanie, France Stock Photo

An affiliate sale. Not sure if that’s rather same as a distributor sale, but certainly means I get less than half.

red-wine-bottles-from-the-bordeaux-regio

ecotricity-wind-turbine-outside-the-offi

One of two PU, erm I mean PN (Presentation or newsletters), sales today.

My fifth 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' so far this month.

stacks-of-cigarette-cartons-are-piled-up

2 hours ago, Sally said:

An affiliate sale. Not sure if that’s rather same as a distributor sale, but certainly means I get less than half.

red-wine-bottles-from-the-bordeaux-regio

38.5% to you, 20% to the affiliate website and 3% to the company that provides support for affiliate sales for Alamy. This despite the fact that the sale is made through alamy.com. 

https://www.alamy.com/customer/help/affiliate-program.aspx

Edited by KevinS

6 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

My fifth 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' so far this month.

stacks-of-cigarette-cartons-are-piled-up

Yeah, it's my fourth.  Either there are a hell of a lot of people doing pointless presentations out there (well, that's a certainty! :lol:) and/or someone is telling porkies.:rolleyes:

Edited by losdemas
spelling

On 20/10/2018 at 00:11, Rick Lewis said:

Finally got a sale for the month.  Nothing special.  Use for UK television.  Unlimited airing for perpetuity.  It was "zoomed" several times.

CSX Transportaion #3012, an evolution series GE ES44AH or GE ES44AC diesel locomotive, sits idle waiting for crew Stock Photo

But, a sale is a sale.

Rick

A UK TV usage will attract additional income through the DACS scheme. Just check that Alamy are going to claim on your behalf next year (assuming you don't do it yourself).

• Upvote 1

Just got another sale in. First of this type of license I have had. Does this mean the image is going to be used to develop artwork?

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Retail poster ;  Print run: up to 1,000 ;  Start: 22-October-2018 ; End: 22-October-2021 ; 
  Additional Details: Image will be used as a partial reference (not exact copy) and sold once

Edited by Sally

3 hours ago, KevinS said:

38.5% to you, 20% to the affiliate website and 3% to the company that provides support for affiliate sales for Alamy. This despite the fact that the sale is made through alamy.com. 

https://www.alamy.com/customer/help/affiliate-program.aspx

That’s interesting. Sounds like money for nothing as long as you have a website. 

2 hours ago, Sally said:

That’s interesting. Sounds like money for nothing as long as you have a website. 

It is.

3 hours ago, Sally said:

It's money Alamy gives out for getting traffic to the site that results in a sale. It used to be called advertising, something Alamy should pay for entirely.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, KevinS said:

It's money Alamy gives out for getting traffic to the site that results in a sale. It used to be called advertising, something Alamy should pay for entirely.

+1

A smallish $$ distributor sale

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 01 September 2023
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

ivory-cone-shell-conus-eburneusm-crawling-along-sand-this-species-is-venomous-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-MC40HP.jpg

15 hours ago, losdemas said:

Yeah, it's my fourth.  Either there are a hell of a lot of people doing pointless presentations out there (well, that's a certainty! :lol:) and/or someone is telling porkies.:rolleyes:

Aaaand another one! I think 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' is the new 'Personal Use'. 

an-anonymous-catholic-priests-head-and-s

1 hour ago, Richard Baker said:

Aaaand another one! I think 'Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter' is the new 'Personal Use'. 

I've had a full price PU as such this week.

Woo Hoo! A $$$ sale just dropped in.

Travel Industry

pearl-luggers-museum-31-dampier-terrace-