Images Sold in October (one per day per contributor)

Herring Gull (Larus argentatus Pontoppidan) perching on an old telegraph pole. Glenelg, Skye and Lochalsh, Scotland. 

herring-gull-larus-argentatus-pontoppidan-perching-on-an-old-telegraph-B2TG08.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 12 October 2018
End: 12 October 2023
$ 19.99

First Alamy sale, personal use.

Morning sky and clouds reflected in the River Thames by Staines bridge at dawn, Swan hotel / public house in the background 

PH3X3K

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 11 October 2018
End: 11 October 2023

Please help. I normally upload images for example "images sold in October" by clicking onto the images and using "copy image address", then paste it into this box but it is always smaller than the image above. So whats the secret in uploading a large image like the one above with the chain and cross.

Alan

10 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Please help. I normally upload images for example "images sold in October" by clicking onto the images and using "copy image address", then paste it into this box but it is always smaller than the image above. So whats the secret in uploading a large image like the one above with the chain and cross.

Alan

Paste the image address into Insert other media. In the address, over-ride the word 'Zoom' by 'Comp'.

48 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Alan

If you're happy with this size

PTTJYW.jpgPTTK0H.jpg

I copy image location (on a right-click) from the large popup in AIM. It saves a lot of time, just find the Alamyref.

gvallee, i've tried your suggestion but still no joy. I will just carry on with what I normally do. Thanks all the same.

Another sold this month. Juvenile Peregrine falcon at rest standing on a cliff rock on the coast of north Pembrokeshire.

Alan

juvenile-peregrine-falcon-at-rest-standi

22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I hadn't realised it was one of yours- you hardly look old enough ;)

The last Saint was shown in early '69 so would have been shot before that, and according to Volvo the Saint's P1800 was Roger Moore's own.

https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/en-gb/media/pressreleases/225569/volvo-cars-brings-sir-roger-moores-1800-s-to-techno-classica-classic-car-show

It is a nice picture but not recent ;-) Add 20 years. I have looked at IMDB and it seams you are correct, it is The Man Who Haunted Himself. Thank you!

7 hours ago, gvallee said:

Paste the image address into Insert other media. In the address, over-ride the word 'Zoom' by 'Comp'.

That's what I do. You can type  in "thumbs," "zooms," or "comp" into the image URL to get different sizes.

Great minds think alike...

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

That's what I do. You can type  in "thumbs," "zooms," or "comp" into the image URL to get different sizes.

Great minds think alike...

I didn't get it right first time and a little fiddly but yes it works.

Gen

10 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

gvallee, i've tried your suggestion but still no joy. I will just carry on with what I normally do. Thanks all the same.

It works, this solution has been suggested by several other people. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well so I'll try again step by step.

1. Find out the Alamy reference number of the image

2. Enter it in the search bar of the Alamy front page

3. Right click and select 'Copy Image Address'

4. Go to your Forum window 'Reply to this Topic; and select the 'INSERT OTHER MEDIA' box at the bottom of the window (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE LINK DIRECTLY INTO THE WINDOW)

5. Select 'Insert Image from URL'

6. Paste the Image Address in there. It will display a long URL. 

7. Scroll back towards the beginning of the URL and where it says 'Zooms', replace that word by 'Comp'

And voila! Good luck!

Gen

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

It works, this solution has been suggested by several other people. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well so I'll try again step by step.

1. Find out the Alamy reference number of the image

2. Enter it in the search bar of the Alamy front page

3. Right click and select 'Copy Image Address'

4. Go to your Forum window 'Reply to this Topic; and select the 'INSERT OTHER MEDIA' box at the bottom of the window (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE LINK DIRECTLY INTO THE WINDOW)

5. Select 'Insert Image from URL'

6. Paste the Image Address in there. It will display a long URL. 

7. Scroll back towards the beginning of the URL and where it says 'Zooms', replace that word by 'Comp'

And voila! Good luck!

Gen

For some reason you don’t need to do steps 4 and 5 on an iPad. You can paste the link directly into the post. 

Some sail while others hike and cycle around on the Münstersche Aasee in Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany. - Stock Image

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: up to 1 transmission
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 01 September 2019
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate (I'd like it if we could remain within the Distribution scheme but opt out of their bulk rate giveaways.)

Spectacular sunset at Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 04 October 2018
Duration: In perpetuity all rights, all media, ww, in perp for all news platforms

Rights Managed image and perpetuity?  It doesn't sound right.

$ 75.00

kidlington-oxford-uk-25th-november-2017-

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 October 2018
End: 12 October 2023

I remember this shoot, everything was backlit against a bright sun. Second sold from this shoot.

Archived