Images Sold in October (one per day per contributor)

This was reported yesterday but was published last month. I was never sure about uploading B&W images and never did, until I saw one of the guys featured in the $100,000 blogs had quite a few B&W images in his portfolio. It’s my first B&W sale...

visiting-tourists-walking-along-the-balc

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Classic refund territory, alas.

Yup, I have now put text into captions or other info on my meds pics to the effect that "This is a stock photo, not the actual medications'.

Though I have to feel sorry for people so desperate or foolish that they'd buy meds from a site with no reputation in that territory.

5 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Yup, I have not put text into captions or other info on my meds pics to the effect that "This is a stock photo, not the actual medications'.

Though I have to feel sorry for people so desperate or foolish that they'd buy meds from a site with no reputation in that territory.

Does that really happen – people buying a photo thinking they're buying what is in the photo?

2 minutes ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

Does that really happen – people buying a photo thinking they're buying what is in the photo?

That's what Support told me, I've had at least three (refunded) and one meds photo for PU not refunded (too embarrassed? I would be!).

Support specifically said I'd be surprised how often that happens, and not just meds.

Seat 600 in Formentera

white-vintage-seat-600-e-car-driving-alo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 01 September 2023
Spain, Web, One month, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

"Reduce, Re-use, Recycle", Mural-collage. The Spine. Lancaster University, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

reduce-re-use-recycle-mural-collage-the-spine-lancaster-university-BAEBNN.jpg

Media: Editorial presentation, single design
Industry sector: Education
Start: 05 October 2018
End: 05 October 2023
$ 6.50

I had two sales of the same village in Oz but I won't share, sorry, it's the only two on Alamy! Way too easy to replicate for anyone in the right area. Yes, Alamynopolies still exist.

So here's a Presentation on Friday. Not so pleased about usage but happy that my effort to photograph people has paid off in this case.

street-market-at-the-small-rural-town-of

On 10/3/2018 at 10:05, ReeRay said:

This months off to a good start with 2 in 2 days, both at good prices

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 250,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page

poster-marvel-comics-superheroes-J371NM.

No copyright issues with this?

8 hours ago, gvallee said:

I had two sales of the same village in Oz but I won't share, sorry, it's the only two on Alamy! Way too easy to replicate for anyone in the right area. Yes, Alamynopolies still exist.

So here's a Presentation on Friday. Not so pleased about usage but happy that my effort to photograph people has paid off in this case.

street-market-at-the-small-rural-town-of

I note that this image is not available for Personal Use. Can you advise me how to opt out of that, please?

7 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

I note that this image is not available for Personal Use. Can you advise me how to opt out of that, please?

I asked Alamy to mark my whole portfolio as not available for PU.

Alternatively, if you want to set this restriction only for a few pix, you can do so yourself in AIM by ticking the box in the Optional tab. AIM can also do it in batches of 500.

Gen 

Last of four reasonable sales Sunday evening and Monday morning (except that some were distributor sales, of course).

a-mountain-gondola-on-its-way-from-the-c

A mountain gondola / cable car on its way from the cable car station in Eibsee to the summit of Zugspitze, Bavaria, Germany.

PS One of two images for a German TV show - and distributor sales. I thought Alamy had a German office - but German sales seem to be distributor sales.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:38, Cryptoprocta said:

That's what Support told me, I've had at least three (refunded) and one meds photo for PU not refunded (too embarrassed? I would be!).

Support specifically said I'd be surprised how often that happens, and not just meds.

Not always. I sold 4 PU licences in one go of the same meds pack. I thought.... here we go, refund. Then later I sold 3 prints of the same med pack. Then later another 3 PU licences. all months apart. OK, not all great prices but add them all together and was not bad. all the same photo. Maybe all the same customer. Not sure what they were up to but it put a fair bit in my pocket

53 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Another 'Presentation or newsletters'. Carnival cruise ship, 1996.

passengers-play-fun-games-on-the-top-dec

There seems to be an avalanche of Presentations. I noticed that this image is not available for PU. 

Add your support in the Suggestions section to my request to be allowed to restrict Presentation/Newsletter.

One a day, I know, but I won't be here tomorrow morning and this image has a little story, so I hope I will be forgiven.

This is my 3rd best seller in terms of revenue, licensed 5 times. Old tranny scan which would be processed quite differently these days.

This sloth was crossing a busy road at a well... sloth pace in Costa Rica, crawling ackwardly. I grabbed it from behind. Its sticky fur was crawling with insects. It tried to turn its body round and attack me with its claws like a film in slow motion, all the while hissing. I dropped it safely on the other side of the road. 

brown-throated-three-toed-sloth-bradypus

Three sales today, of which this is the highest value at mid $$ and could equally apply to being surprised at what sells. This was my first punt at 'incident' news being an incident just down the road, poorly edited on lower spec equipment struggling in the conditions. :wacko:

police-incident-southend-on-sea-police-used-cs-gas-to-break-up-a-fight-EJ5JGW.jpg

Archived