Your latest DACS news: Payback royalties coming your way!

1 hour ago, funkyworm said:

Mine arrived on my account today.

Down on previous years.

But still welcome... about the same amount disappeared from my account today for my medical insurance own risk.

I've just spoken to them as I hadn't received that email advising it was due soon. They've confirmed they're being issued and we should start seeing payments arriving over the next week.

37 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Payment is showing in my online banking dated 1st October.  Surprisingly the amount is going down year on year even though I am adding more usages.

More snouts in the trough I think. I remember getting around £900 ten years ago. Down to £650 last year.

2 minutes ago, Jon Lewis said:

Hi All

Mine was £269 disappointing as Alamy won't disclose information you need to claim .

If they claim that have the info but take 50% so win win for them .

Jon

That's the deal with an agent. Client information is theirs, not yours.

Just now, Richard Baker said:

This is my first year of having Alamy claim (only Alamy sales) for me but so far, no email and no payment.

Richard.

If Alamy is claiming for you, I don't think you'll get an email, you just need to keep an eye on your Alamy account balance.

Mark

1 minute ago, M.Chapman said:

If Alamy is claiming for you, I don't think you'll get an email, you just need to keep an eye on your Alamy account balance.

Mark

Ah, ok thanks Mark. In which case sales will probably pop up after lunchtime as usual.

Had the email on Friday, letter this morning, money in the bank today.

Down from £333.52 to £263.55.

I got £0.47p for magazines!

It's still not bad for 20 minutes filling in a form.

John.

My payment through today with notification in post.

DACS 2016 was my best year. Been going down steadily since, but then licences have taken a tumble since 2016 as well so there is good reason for the drop.

Allan

12 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Yes true, but Alamy won't give us this information so we lose out and they lose out. 

12 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I don't bother to even input the Alamy licences neither do i let them claim on my behalf. 

As your agent (or whatever they are called) I would have thought that they should collect all monies due. Even if they don't have all the necessary retrospective info they should have responded to the change when it was first publicised and if they are not going to do it then they ought to provide the individual with the info they have.

Regen

22 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

True, but we both know that they won't I can't claim, they can't claim so the money pours down the drain instead.

No it doesn't - it's shared out between the rest of us......:D

Mine's slightly down from last year - £250.53 (£258.44 last year)

6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Going to all that trouble of finding ISBN and ISSN numbers ended up being time wasted.

Only £11.28 from books

Only £2.82 from mags

We have been well and truly stitched up! :(

Mine went up this year... due to go to the max on books etc but I nearly chocked at the $0.96 for magazines & $0 for the books I found and logged. They included quite a few text books etc. I just don't see it being worth the effort (the additional ISBN bit). I could spend that time taking more photos and make significantly more!

Archived