Your latest DACS news: Payback royalties coming your way!

27 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Call me dumb but I still don't get it.  I've certainly had images published in books during my short Alamy career but that's about all I know about DACS.  Help?

https://www.dacs.org.uk/for-artists/payback

+ do a search of the forum - plenty of info.

EDIT: actually ignore the forum search - it's rubbish! :unsure:  Use Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=dacs+alamy

3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Call me dumb but I still don't get it.  I've certainly had images published in books during my short Alamy career but that's about all I know about DACS.  Help?

Alamy might  have claimed it on your behalf if you haven't opted out. Check out your Accounts Balance over the next weeks.

49 minutes ago, vpics said:

Alamy might  have claimed it on your behalf if you haven't opted out. Check out your Accounts Balance over the next weeks.

The only things I've opted out of is personal and distributor.  Thanks.

16 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Here's Alamy's info https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/most-frequently-asked-questions/?section=9

15 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

If you have opted out of Alamy claiming for you then you do your own claim with DACS, if not Alamy will handle it for you in return for their 50%

Plus their 'admin' fee. 

Easy to do yourself IMO and get 100%.

I opted out of Alamy claiming DACS payments for me for books magazines etc. But allowed Alamy to claim for TV usage for me as per their contract at the time.

Allan

14 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I opted out of Alamy claiming DACS payments for me for books magazines etc. But allowed Alamy to claim for TV usage for me as per their contract at the time.

Allan

Oh?  Why?

6 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks for that.  I'm a bit confused as it says Alamy receives the funds in Dec and pays out in Jan.  Is it not Sept at the moment?!

DACS changed the process a year ago and they now have an earlier deadline which also means they pay out earlier.

14 minutes ago, Southpole said:

I not had a email this year so must be a big fat 0 for me

That's odd, the stats are cumulative, so if you got something last year, you should get something this year, if you submitted your info on time.

Maybe they are rolling out the emails, as they say they are rolling out the payments.

Or maybe you should contact them.

Archived