Pic of Cat , Model release or Property release?

Can’t say I love cats in general. I like cats. I don’t love paw prints on my car, I don’t like cats on kitchen countertops, nor scratched up furniture.  And I don’t like cats using my flower beds as a private litter box, killing my plants.

But I loved my cat, the one I had as a pre-teen. Divinity, and she was devine. 

I was mostly a dog person, (now a parrot person) and they do more than bark and obey. Some defend you, mine plastered to me when I was ill, never leaving me. And she did everything in her power to please me. And her in Intelligence was off the chart, my little Yorkie.

Betty

On 9/12/2018 at 12:49, John Mitchell said:

Yes, cats by nature don't belong to anyone, which is an endearing quality. However, as lovable as cats can be, they are serial killers. I hate what they do to birds. 

P.S. Cats usually like me. I even "owned" one for awhile, a stray that I rescued from a dumpster in the middle of winter.

Yes! The next to last cat I had killed a Baltimore Oriole, and I found her a new home.  The last cat, I used his serial killer instincts at our horse barn to kill the mice. He did a great job. 

Then there was the cat from the neighborhood that broke into our house to murder and eat my beloved parakeet. We had a window A/C with insulating foam in the gap. The cat pushed the foam through and got in. I was done with cats after that. No more chances. I almost put that one on death row, but my soft heart couldn’t follow through. It did get a slight kick in the derrière.

18 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yes! The next to last cat I had killed a Baltimore Oriole, and I found her a new home.  The last cat, I used his serial killer instincts at our horse barn to kill the mice. He did a great job. 

Then there was the cat from the neighborhood that broke into our house to murder and eat my beloved parakeet. We had a window A/C with insulating foam in the gap. The cat pushed the foam through and got in. I was done with cats after that. No more chances. I almost put that one on death row, but my soft heart couldn’t follow through. It did get a slight kick in the derrière.

Sad to say, but we Homo sapiens don't have a very good record either when it comes to killer instincts.

Despite their evil habits, I find cats fascinating. It's tough not to admire how self-contained and in-the-moment they are.  I often wish I could be more of a "cool cat" and less of an emotional mess in certain situations.

A popular theory suggests that humans first domesticated wild cats to help keep rodents away from food stores. Makes sense.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Sad to say, but we Homo sapiens don't have a very good record either when it comes to killer instincts.

Despite their evil habits, I find cats fascinating. It's tough not to admire how self-contained and in-the-moment they are.  I often wish I could be more of a "cool cat" and less of an emotional mess in certain situations.

A popular theory suggests that humans first domesticated wild cats to help keep rodents away from food stores. Makes sense.

I thought it was the other way around - cats domesticated humans to provide tasty food and warm sleeping places.

3 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I thought it was the other way around - cats domesticated humans to provide tasty food and warm sleeping places.

No doubt it was a mutually beneficial arrangement. Those cats were not only cool but smart as well.

Then there are corporate fat cats. They are definitely not cute and adorable.

corporate-fat-cat-effigy-at-the-occupy-v

Archived