Jump to content

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Brian Vickers said:

I've just been paid by Alamy for the first time (on 3rd Sept) ….I have set the payment option to be via paypal but nothing has arrived....I would have thought such a transfer would be immediate.

 

Is this normal?

No, it's not immediate.  I usually get it on the 9th working day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MandyD said:

I am waiting :)

Me too, still. I expect it by Friday.  It seems to depend on which day of the week the 1st of the month falls. But I could be imagining things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sally said:

Me too, still. I expect it by Friday.  It seems to depend on which day of the week the 1st of the month falls. But I could be imagining things.

Fourth working day for bank transfer, regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

I note that PayPal are increasing the fee for receiving foreign currency payments soon but I'm not sure whether I should react?

The Alamy sales are in US dollars but do Alamy convert my Dollar sales to Sterling before they send it to PayPal or do PayPal receive the funds in Dollars and then charge me a fee for receiving them?  Anyone know?  I'm UK based.

Edited by Roy Conchie
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Roy Conchie said:

I note that PayPal are increasing the fee for receiving foreign currency payments soon but I'm not sure whether I should react?

The Alamy sales are in US dollars but do Alamy convert my Dollar sales to Sterling before they send it to PayPal or do PayPal receive the funds in Dollars and then charge me a fee for receiving them?  Anyone know?  I'm UK based.

 

i'm in Canada, and my Paypal account receives in US$ from Alamy.  What i do with this amount is up to me from a conversion stand point

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roy Conchie said:

I note that PayPal are increasing the fee for receiving foreign currency payments soon but I'm not sure whether I should react?

The Alamy sales are in US dollars but do Alamy convert my Dollar sales to Sterling before they send it to PayPal or do PayPal receive the funds in Dollars and then charge me a fee for receiving them?  Anyone know?  I'm UK based.

 

If you are in the UK (actually anywhere) you could have the money paid directly to a bank account. I realise you might not want to do that but at least you won't pay any charges (in the UK). I receive GBP even though Alamy prices are in dollars.

 

John.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Alamy mentioned some time ago that Paypal was sent a bulk payment with a list of recipients and PP sorts the payments out from their offices and that is why PP is not instant.

 

Alamy will correct me if I am wrong.

 

Allan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stokie said:

 

If you are in the UK (actually anywhere) you could have the money paid directly to a bank account. I realise you might not want to do that but at least you won't pay any charges (in the UK). I receive GBP even though Alamy prices are in dollars.

 

John.

 

My payment is in LSD GBP too. No charges made by PP as far as I know. At least no charges appear in the PP account.

 

Allan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.