Favourite Photos in September

Brasilnut

7 minutes ago, funkyworm said:
The Dalai Lama says hallo.

pktc8g.jpg

Taken with the wrong camera. I mistakenly grabbed an old Dx D300s instead of a full frame before I left. Which meant I had a bit of extra focal length but less quality at high iso's but actually came in useful for this shot. Shimmying down onto my knees to let colleagues behind get their shot also worked in my favour. I have seen the images of colleagues standing around me and it is striking how different our images are. And I could thereafter pop home quickly to grab the Fx body I wanted.

BTW there was a thread about using social media in our work. I found out about this event and could apply on time thanks to a tweet from a local TV station. (Who, by the looks of things neglected to apply themselves.) Keeping an eye on Twitter from pertinent organisations has equalled a lot of extra material made this year.

How about that one found in the Australian outback?

deli-lama-cafe-food-for-the-soul-canowin

5 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

Leaping salmon. 800 shots over 6 hours resulting in 11 keepers. Thank goodness for digital.

pknw7h.jpg

Now what would a bear think of that score?

Great image!

Probably not the local park.

wim

20 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Now what would a bear think of that score?

Great image!

Probably not the local park.

wim

Location about 80 KL from my home inside Toronto. There is a resident landlocked salmon population in Lake Ontario that migrates in spring and fall.

The only photographic danger is getting poked by a tourist’s selfie stick.

Here is another shot with a selfie stick cloned out in photoshop. The selfie stick obscured the entire left hand side of the image. Really!! The photographer was using a selfie stick to dip his Lowe Pro underwater to take underwater video of salmon spawning.

pma9jt.jpg

Birds ID for Betty:

Blue-faced Honeyeater (Entomyzon cyanotis) feeding its young

blue-faced-honeyeater-entomyzon-cyanotis

Australian White Ibis (Threskiornis molucca)

australian-white-ibis-threskiornis-moluc

Red-winged Parrot or Crimson-winged Parrot (Aprosmictus erythropterus) 

red-winged-parrot-or-crimson-winged-parr

Straw-necked Ibis (Threskiornis spinicollis) with frog

straw-necked-ibis-threskiornis-spinicoll

Earlier in the month, I went swimming at this water hole with my family.

This week they closed it because of a 3.4 metres crocodile swimming in it...

Also,

Coming out of the water, walking back up the stairs, I had to stop to let a snake cross over the steps.

But it was a Green Tree Snake, from what my wife say, so not dangerous.

:)

berry-springs-waterhole-berry-springs-nature-reserve-berry-springs-northern-territory-australia-PKR247.jpg

'Tommy Robinson's' fans make for interesting subjects. The first guy actually proceeded to palm my camera away. I use a Sigma 12-24 which has a convex outer glass and no filter ring so is prone to get marked by fingers (or palms) so I always carry a lens cloth in my pocket for quick cleaning.

old-bailey-london-uk-27th-sept-2018-stephen-yaxley-lennon-also-known-as-tommy-robinson-appeared-in-the-central-criminal-court-old-bailey-accused-of-contempt-of-court-arising-from-his-arrest-when-filming-outside-the-court-building-in-leeds-the-trial-has-become-the-focus-of-his-supporters-and-anti-fascist-and-anti-racist-groups-who-demonstrated-outside-credit-avpics-alamy-live-news-PPN9GK.jpg

old-bailey-london-uk-27th-sept-2018-stephen-yaxley-lennon-also-known-as-tommy-robinson-appeared-in-the-central-criminal-court-old-bailey-accused-of-contempt-of-court-arising-from-his-arrest-when-filming-outside-the-court-building-in-leeds-the-trial-has-become-the-focus-of-his-supporters-and-anti-fascist-and-anti-racist-groups-who-demonstrated-outside-credit-avpics-alamy-live-news-PPN9JY.jpg

On 19/09/2018 at 18:45, Matt Ashmore said:

Low angle view of shoppers in Windsor.

low-angle-ground-level-view-of-female-shoppers-with-carrier-bags-walking-down-a-narrow-street-in-windsor-uk-PM4X3G.jpg

I can see why you chose women wearing trousers. From that angle, you could have ended in hot waters. LOL!!

Archived