Favourite Photos in September

Brasilnut

A common sight now, an Asian couple having a pre-wedding photography session in London (I expect in other touristy cities too). Shame the Palace of Westminster is in scaffolding.

asian-couple-pose-for-wedding-photos-bes

Asian couple pose for wedding photos beside a traditional red telephone box, in Parliament Square, Westminster, London, UK.

Marble surfacing out of an eroded creek bed, North Queensland, Australia

view-of-marble-rocks-emerging-out-of-an-

Sunrise in the Outback, North Queensland, Australia

atmospheric-sunrise-in-the-outback-at-ch

Mackerel sky over Chillagoe Observatory, North Queensland, Australia

observatory-at-chillagoe-observatory-and

As a lover of thunder and lightning, I have been disappointed this year. Despite record heat and high humidity (humidex of 47C a couple of times) with really heavy and threatening clouds, we had no storms here in Quebec. Imagine my joy then, when we went back to Gaspesie for a week, to see this cloud with us in the cross-hairs. I managed to get the tent up  in record time, then me and my boy legged it to grab some shots.a-panorama-og-golden-evening-light-and-a-dramatic-summer-storm-reflected-in-the-lagoon-at-carleton-in-gaspesie-quebec-canada-PK8C7F.jpg

I also got this one below which I put on a couple of arty-farty sites. 

748255_m.jpeg

The rain and lightning did not disappoint. I was glad I got the tent up in time, or I would have had an uncomfortable exchange of opinions with The Leader of the Opposition. 

Photos taken in the Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona, USA

Eroded, colorful clay hills along the Blue Forest  ( Blue Mesa ) Trail

along-blue-forest-trail-blue-mesa-petrified-forest-national-park-arizona-usa-PK8G90.jpg

View from along the Blue Mesa Road

view-from-blue-mesa-petrified-forest-national-park-arizona-usa-PK8FA2.jpg

Petrified logs along the Crystal Forest Trail

crystal-forest-petrified-logs-along-trail-petrified-forest-national-park-arizona-usa-PKA1TX.jpg

1 minute ago, aphperspective said:

Front page in the local paper Andy well done. You may have set up a trend for baby cots.:D

Thanks Andy, pleased with the front page.  I'm not sure it would catch on as a baby cot, maybe a tad expensive :lol:

Archived