Apple buildings – no photo policy

Recently, I was stopped by guards at an Apple campus and informed about the no photo policy at all Apple buildings. There are lots of photos of Apple buildings on Alamy though, so I don't suppose there's any problem with uploading such photos – ?

That just means that they didn't get stopped, or these are the images they'd taken before they were stopped. There could be seven figures worth of images on Alamy taken of subjects that their owners would rather not have been taken or even have a legal right to contest them, but the photographers have chanced their arm in the knowledge that few get taken down - and in that being the only action taken against them is to remove the image.

2 minutes ago, Jon Lewis said:

Wanted to take. shot in a new Apple Store so asked them and they said no problem very helpful.

Perhaps different policies apply to Apple Stores as they are open to the public already. When it comes to Apple buildings they may be worried that someone would take photos of what goes on inside the buildings.

23 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I had the same sort of problem trying to take photos at Green Park Business park, Reading.

Me too!! I had a 20 minute debate with one of the security guards on one occasion and in the end just gave up as I didn't think the images I might get worth the hassle (although one fairly generic (could be anywhere) photo I did take has sold a couple of times). I actually work on Green Park which makes it so much more annoying, however! I could easily photograph the whole business park in great detail over a series of lunch breaks! :-)

Just tell these jobsworth busybodies where to get off! I've had enough of this sort of nonsense. If you're on public land then there is nothing to stop you photographing as you please.

I had an altercation with a 'security guard' in London a while back - he was 'guarding' The Jewish Chronicle building. He rushed out and physically threatened me. I told him that I was within my rights to photograph the building - he violently disagreed. I called the cops. They arrived and told the guy that he would be arrested for 'disturbing the peace' if he kept on threatening me. He backed off back to the building. The cops told me 'this happens all the time' . I went on my way - pictures safe in the camera.

My impression so far is that people are more "sensitive" in this regard in the US; a couple of days ago I was stopped and questioned by someone for taking a photo of a car parked in the street. Last year I was stopped and interrogated by the police, and had my passport checked, for shooting video of a sign on a wall outside of a fire station.

Archived