gvallee

Images Sold in September (one per day per contributor)

Alamy News have just confirmed that I had a (small) front page picture in The Sun of the Prime Minister.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

decent price, with no dist cut...... Sony RX100 IV

view-of-the-bmw-hq-building-from-the-oly

Dry Johnson Grass.  B uploaded in 2009.  Both this and a different view of the same subject sold today as personal use -- first sale for both images.  RF

Natural texture dry tall grass  "New Mexico" Stock Photo

Corporate client. Marketing Package Use. Internal and external marketing communications.

tinaroo-falls-dam-river-outlet-across-th

On 26/09/2018 at 07:43, gvallee said:

I'll keep an eye on it like other PUs but this one might be genuine. Perhaps an aviation enthusiast or something.

Er oh... Spoke too soon. It was zoomed by a registered buyer :wub::wub:

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I too have had PU sales that were zoomed. In one case the buyer apparently licensed an image for editorial use and then another one from the same set for personal use. Seems a bit odd but I guess anything is possible. 

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I too have had PU sales that were zoomed. In one case the buyer apparently licensed an image for editorial use and then another one from the same set for personal use. Seems a bit odd but I guess anything is possible. 

Interesting. When I once pointed out to Alamy that a PU had been zoomed, they told me they didn't know who the registered buyer was. Yeah right...

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

Mine too. Thing is, there's now not a lot of difference in value between a PU and a hammered down low 'print run' editorial licence that it's hardly worth the effort chasing it.

A welcome $$$ TV use, presumably after the watershed

Naked trumpeter playing after the World Naked Bike Ride in London 2016 protest against car culture and oil dependency. - Stock Image

• Like 1

Editorial use...

three-african-lion-cubs-panthera-leo-one

CE785J  Lion cubs in the Masai Mara, Kenya, East Africa

Paulette

5 hours ago, Avpics said:

A welcome $$$ TV use, presumably after the watershed

Naked trumpeter playing after the World Naked Bike Ride in London 2016 protest against car culture and oil dependency. - Stock Image

This one might also work in the thread "What Sale Are You Most Surprised By"! :D

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gvallee said:

Interesting. When I once pointed out to Alamy that a PU had been zoomed, they told me they didn't know who the registered buyer was. Yeah right...

Yes, that's what I was told too. In my case, an obscure file, never zoomed or sold before or since, was zoomed and sold as a PU on a Sunday.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

The news sales are coming in. So far 9 have been reported, all but two of which I knew about. It’s very difficult to track of which known uses are reported and which aren’t without newspaper names or use dates. I have two known uses of one image which should have been one live news use and one normal use, but have had only two normal use fees reported. So, I don’t know if there was another normal use I didn’t know about or the live news use has been mistakenly reported as a normal use (if that happens).  If you follow me......

This is a use I hadn’t spotted for a different image. I think there are increasingly going to be uses of past Beast from the East images as Winter approaches.

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-3rd

Edited by Sally

Always brings a smile to my face when I see these guys.  Image used in a book in the USofA

members-of-hare-krishna-dance-and-sing-a

Members of Hare Krishna dance and sing amongst passing pedestrians, on Oxford Street in central London, UK.

My Damsons have been attacked :angry:. No Damson gin this year:(. But this grub makes a great image and as been sold twice this month:).

Alan

damson-plum-being-infested-by-a-plum-fru

• Like 1

Sold before, UK newspaper. $$. Aphrodite's Rock, Cyprus.

aphrodites-rock-petra-tou-romiou-near-pa

Full Moon Cadnan Pool in the New Forest Stock Photo

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 September 2018
End: 27 September 2023

The Harbour and Lighthouse. Maryport. Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.the-harbour-and-lighthouse-maryport-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-DXB0W1.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 August 2018
End: 02 August 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.
$ 9.00

Jeremy Corbyn Leader of the Labour Party at a local event. This and another image from the same event popped up this morning.

Alan

west-nottinghamshire-college-nottinghams

The last sale of the month: a train pulling into Windermere rail terminus...

Train at Windermere railway station, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England UK Stock Photo

Third time this month for a national newspaper but for wildly different $ to $$$

tragumna-west-cork-ireland-3rd-july-2018-another-scorching-hot-day-here-in-west-cork-as-the-heat-wave-continues-holiday-makers-are-making-the-most-of-the-sunshine-at-the-beach-where-life-guards-keep-a-careful-watch-for-the-more-careless-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-P6WT61.jpg

End-of-the-month billing on the picture desks:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national

london-25th-april-2015-thousands-of-sout

Edited by Richard Baker