Images Sold in September (one per day per contributor)

On 9/7/2018 at 09:46, AlbertSnapper said:

I took this photo, thinking it could be used on a book cover (spy novel). It has been licenced for use in a museum exhibition in the District of Columbia.

two-people-meeting-in-the-street-in-lond

Two people meeting in the street in London, UK

Aah, that ever-elusive spy novel cover! Still eluding me after 30 years.

For some reason I am unable to copy the mage address from the full size image. I can only do it from the thumbnail. Anyone any ideas?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 August 2018
End: 02 August 2018
Turkey, Newspaper, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

FA1JCD.jpg

9 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Aah, that ever-elusive spy novel cover! Still eluding me after 30 years.

You never know......it could be one of yours on display in Foyles next week !

I have a photo of mine used on a John le Carré novel. Very chuffed when a copy was sent to me.

Re:

I’m new to Alamy... I’m wondering if we need a release for images with buildings, people on a terrace or in the street or if it’s enough to check « No, I don’t have a release’ ? I read many articles but I’m still not sure ... Thank you.

12 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

You never know......it could be one of yours on display in Foyles next week !

I have a photo of mine used on a John le Carré novel. Very chuffed when a copy was sent to me.

A le Carré is an accolade, alright! I have in the past called up a publisher's design or publicity dept. to ask for a book / PDF. The best ones are when you blunder into the picture on the cover of a book in the bookshop and it takes a lot of control for not actually buying it there and then. 

Interestingly though, the first thought a publicist seems to have (from their reaction to 'Hi, you've used a picture of mine on the cover of one of your titles ..' when they think they've infringed your copyright) is, 'oh Hell, my day just got worse'. And once, I did find a picture on the inside jacket - and permission wasn't sought! The author swore there was no money available for me but the publisher saw it differently and paid up there and then.

Richard.

9 hours ago, ArtStudio29 said:

Re:

I’m new to Alamy... I’m wondering if we need a release for images with buildings, people on a terrace or in the street or if it’s enough to check « No, I don’t have a release’ ? I read many articles but I’m still not sure ... Thank you.

No. You don't require releases for images containing buildings, property or people. Just state that you don't have a release.

information here from Alamy....

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/model-property-releases-stock-images/?section=7

2 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

A le Carré is an accolade, alright! I have in the past called up a publisher's design or publicity dept. to ask for a book / PDF. The best ones are when you blunder into the picture on the cover of a book in the bookshop and it takes a lot of control for not actually buying it there and then. 

Thank you.

The good friend of mine who has appeared on the Le Carré book, saw himself on another book cover whilst in a bookshop. He immediately rang me up and demanded to know why had I not told him about it !  I honestly didn't know at the time (sale was reported shortly after by the library).

My mate in question is on a number of book covers now, and each time receives a pint of cider and a bag of peanuts !  (even though the image licence fees are much more handsome).

Phil

3 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Thank you.

The good friend of mine who has appeared on the Le Carré book, saw himself on another book cover whilst in a bookshop. He immediately rang me up and demanded to know why had I not told him about it !  I honestly didn't know at the time (sale was reported shortly after by the library).

My mate in question is on a number of book covers now, and each time receives a pint of cider and a bag of peanuts !  (even though the image licence fees are much more handsome).

Phil

A pint and a packet of peanuts should suffice as payment for all model releases. Fact.

Archived