Images Sold in September (one per day per contributor)

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

My first sale of the month, but it wasn't worth waiting for:

Usage: Commercial electronic  (not sure how it can be used commercially, I have no releases)
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 01 July 2023
Single placement and design, duration in perpetuity.

Under $5 gross.

pavilion-theatre-dun-laoghaire-republic-

There seem to be a lot of these similar sales today. Mine was the same.

4 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

Don't exactly know for the girls - but this is one way for the boys: View the image as a customer would see it in a search. Mouse right click. Copy image URL. In forum click "Insert other media" - insert the URL. The "zooms" in the link text will create the smaller image. Change this to "comp" for the bigger image. It seems you only need to view the image in question correctly - as you probably know the procedure.

Niels

Thats exactly what i used to do but it seems something has changed for me. Right Clicking only gives me a single option of 'Save Preview Image'

4 hours ago, Katie said:

For the girls, just hold down shift when you right-click on the image. It'll override Alamy's script on most platforms and give you the normal menu. Works for me on Windows.

Unfortunately holding down shift produces no different results than above!!

So anyway Ive sold this one, https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=6F815063-ED49-4681-B5DE-088E557D98F3

For small $ but super happy to of taken it and one of the finally selling :) 

Usage: Presentation or newsletters
55 MB
5524 x 3453 pixels 
4 MB compressed
Start: 14 September 2018
End: 14 September 2023

49 minutes ago, 79Photography said:

Thats exactly what i used to do but it seems something has changed for me. Right Clicking only gives me a single option of 'Save Preview Image'

Are you on Windows (10?) or Apple?

If Windows try to click on the number of images to the left of your post to see your images and search for the image ID, right clicking on the image thumbnail without enlarging it should give you the choice. My setting is large thumbnails to get the right size, though . Otherwise, very strange. However, I cannot get the other suggested solution with the shift key to work on my Windows 10. 

orthostat-in-king-asitawadas-palace-karaCountry: Qatar

Orthostat of Phoenician writing in King Asitawada's palace, Karatepe, Turkey

The orthostat was paired with Hittite Hieroglyphics and combination made it possible to decipher the Hittite.

Usage: Indoor display
Media: Non commercial display
Industry sector: Education
Print run: 1
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 21 November 2018
End: 21 May 2019

Next to the  best price I have ever received.

Dick

3 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

If Windows try to click on the number of images to the left of your post to see your images and search for the image ID, right clicking on the image thumbnail without enlarging it should give you the choice. My setting is large thumbnails to get the right size, though . Otherwise, very strange. However, I cannot get the other suggested solution with the shift key to work on my Windows 10. 

There was a change a while ago. I cannot now select ‘Open Image in New tab’ on either my iMac or MacBook, only on the iPad, and that’s how I get images into a thread. 

11 minutes ago, Sally said:

There was a change a while ago. I cannot now select ‘Open Image in New tab’ on either my iMac or MacBook, only on the iPad, and that’s how I get images into a thread. 

You can still use drag & drop – from one window to another, for instance.

4 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

I tried on both windows at work (not sure what version) and my MacBook at home. Both Chrome and also even tried Safari! All the same. 

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I’m glad it’s not only me then. 

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Ha finally!, that trick works on my iPhone too! 

Thanks 😁

tradition-mud-cow-racing-sport-pacu-jawi

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A personal use but found this image used on a local government site.  Its an aerial of the National Institutes of Health, near Washington DC.  I will have to go back and see if it had sold before.

Oops!

However it may very well get reported long after it's been used.

Anyway, just in case, the complete order details are in the metadata: View your order summary at: XXXXXXXXXXX Order-summary.asp?OrderID={E0E164F9-191D-4158-A7CB-30F5F816159E}. This should be sufficient for Member Services.

wim

More DC, actually I could enroll it in this month's challenge. Only just, because it's 99 meters from the front door of our apartment building and just around the corner.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/D063JM/american-fire-fighters-firemen-in-front-of-a-burning-building-discussing-D063JM.jpg

Washington DC. Fire fighters discussing a possible hazmat situation during an electrical fire in a Foggy Bottom building 4 blocks from the White House. May 2006.
Hmm with the way prices are now I could even post it in the Positive results thread ;-)

wim

14 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A personal use but found this image used on a local government site.  Its an aerial of the National Institutes of Health, near Washington DC.  I will have to go back and see if it had sold before.

a-federal-government-facility-that-treat

I spoke too soon, I did have a previous relevant sale for a web use. 

Archived