A First - Entire Month Without A Zoom

On 02/09/2018 at 13:55, Jill Morgan said:

Glad to see August has also been a slow zoom month for others.  Hoping September has more to offer.

Jill

September for me has become an absolute drag. No sales and reports show a big drop in views today (Tues). Just 83 views. Is there still a heartbeat at Alamytowers? Actually I think there's some tinkering going on leading to false reports but no sales is a worry. :)

1 hour ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Last month and this month have been quiet for me for zooms also.

Yesterday tho, a zoom showed up for just the Alamy reference number. Thought just a search term of a reference number wasn't recorded anymore in measures ?

I believe that was confirmed by Alamy some good while back (though don't quote me).  However, there has been the odd rare report of this happening from time to time.

1 hour ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Last month and this month have been quiet for me for zooms also.

Yesterday tho, a zoom showed up for just the Alamy reference number. Thought just a search term of a reference number wasn't recorded anymore in measures ?

Sometimes this happens if there is any thing else in the search including things like a full stop or comma

Kumar

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sometimes this happens if there is any thing else in the search including things like a full stop or comma

Kumar

Thanks Kumar.

I've just double checked, and there is a full stop after the reference number.

I hope the customer wants to licence it now !

I was running at 40 to 50 zooms a month but there has been a drop off in the past few months despite my portfolio increasing.  I'm currently at 25 zooms.  I have sales every month which is encouraging but nothing so far this month.  I'm hoping I get the usual month end 'surge'.

1 hour ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Slow for me too and 2 searches for:

[FS]

No keywords, just the above!

Any ideas?

I've had that in the past. I'm guessing, totally in the dark, that someone wants to know which big files there are. Or they haven't a clue what they're doing. Or ... ? Some search terms are really strange, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Zooms have dropped severally here as well..... not sure if it's a reporting problem or whether they've lost some key account clients. Seems to be a lot of people experiencing the same problems!

Could have been a reporting problem. My zooms have picked up this week, and my CTR graph is back to where it usually is (slightly above the Alamy average) after several weeks of being down in the dumps. A decent sale actually showed up today as well.

25 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Could have been a reporting problem. My zooms have picked up this week, and my CTR graph is back to where it usually is (slightly above the Alamy average) after several weeks of being down in the dumps. A decent sale actually showed up today as well.

Sales etc have been popping up but so far this month 1 zoom ..... normally would have a rolling count of 30-50. 

17 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Sales etc have been popping up but so far this month 1 zoom ..... normally would have a rolling count of 30-50. 

That is quite a difference. Something odd must be going on behind the scenes. One other thing I've noticed is that my CTR graph seems a lot more sensitive (or temperamental) than it used to be. All it takes is a couple of new zooms for it to react, or even overreact.

Archived