Jump to content
Bryan

Have you found any Alamy images September 2018

Recommended Posts

*You’re welcome Stefano

Guardian online
18.09.18

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/18/country-diary-seeing-eye-to-eye-with-the-birds
BJ2PDW Andy Harmer Raven Corvus corax in Flight
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/18/a-giant-crawling-brain-the-jaw-dropping-world-of-termites
A5YWY2 F1online digitale Bildagentur Gm…/D.Fernandez & M.Peck Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) sitting on termite mound, Namibia
BHG3PJ Premaphotos Harvester termite workers
F4JDT3 ARCTIC IMAGES/Ragnar Th Sigurdsson Zebras by termite mound, Okonjima, Namibia, Africa
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/sep/18/cycling-austria-tyrol-alps-road-world-championship-food
KPYNB0 Artenex Timmelsjoch High Alpine Road landscape and goats.
AM6G6G imageBROKER/FB-Fischer Silz
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/sep/18/backpackers-guide-to-chile-a-one-month-itinerary-santiago-atacama
EP8XGW  B.O'Kane outdoor cafes, Pio Nono avenue, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile
EFG636 Markus Thomenius Sunrise at El Tatio Geysers, Chile, South America
BKY2XF Alain Denis / Aurora Open Surfers on their way to Punta de Lobos.
A4PEMA Karsten Navimag ferry in the Patagonian fjords

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Sung
Steve


18/09/2018, Guardian, p14, Kelvingrove Park & Glasgow University, G32TJ2, Iain Masterton [Alamy credit only]
18/09/2018, Guardian, p29, landing of Pedro Alvares Cabral in Porto Seguro in 1500, GDE8KD, Niday Picture Library [Alamy credit only]

 

 

Edited by SShep
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardian online...

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/17/coal-comeback-could-drive-up-annual-uk-energy-emissions-report

The resurgence of coal is good news for Germany’s Uniper, which operates the Ratcliffe-on-Soar plant in Nottinghamshire. Photograph: eye35.pix/Alamy

 

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/sep/18/mj-long-obituary

David Ball  The British Library, Euston Road, London, England

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17/09/2018, London Evening Standard, p45, Hyams Beach in New South Wales, GT1CN8, Genevieve Vallee [Alamy credit only]
17/09/2018, London Evening Standard, p49, steps at entrance to Westfield Shopping Centre, C76HYE, Justin Kase z12z [No credit - poss not via Alamy]

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SShep said:


18/09/2018, Guardian, p14, Kelvingrove Park & Glasgow University, G32TJ2, Iain Masterton [Alamy credit only]

thanks Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15/09/2018 Daily Telegraph Travel (print)

The canal at Ebley Mill, Stroud, Gloucs. JD90D0 Mr Standfast

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kay said:

Thanks for the spot Adie

My pleasure Kay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found on the BBC website

 

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20180918-the-snake-people-of-southern-india

 

Irula tribesman prepares to milk Krait for antivenom. Taramani- India Stock Photo

 

Portrait of an Irula tribesman prepares to milk Krait for antivenom. Taramani- India

Photographer: Jeff Rotman / Alamy Stock Photo

Found by Adie

Image ID : C3XW2N

 

 

Irula Snake Tribe member holding vials of snake anti-venom for Viper, Krait and Cobra bites. Southern India. Stock Photo

Photo of Irula Snake Tribe member holding vials of snake anti-venom for Viper, Krait and Cobra bites. Southern India.

Photographer: Nature Picture Library / Alamy Stock Photo

Found by Adie

Image ID : E462FA

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Times 19th

 

Robert Clayton  London view looking north with City of London in background. Smog pollution high day - Image ID: J8YBBA

Rosemary Roberts   HEAVY TRAFFIC ON THE M6 MOTORWAY NEAR JUNCTION 12 IN STAFFORDSHIRE WITH GANTRY SIGN SAYING USE HARD SHOULDER ,40MPH LIMIT UK - Image ID: BDE463

wronaphoto.com  Immigration and passport control, Terminal 2, Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom - Image ID: EA838Y

HOWARD LIPIN/SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE/TNS/ALAMY LIVE NEWS Amazon Alexa and family

Ekin Yalgin ISTANBUL, TURKEY - MARCH 8, 2015 : Kinder Surprise, chocolate egg holding on hand with a small toy inside, manufactured by Ferre - Image ID: ERMFFB

Andrew Greaves  A wasp (Vespula vulgaris) on a clover flower - Image ID: GHEGMB

Peter Cripps Teen / tween girl holding a mobile phone (iphone) - Image ID: HAPXT2

Peter Titmuss  Child walking in a field of rapeseed holding bunch of Spring flowers Hampshire countryside England UK - Image ID: DYNHTY

 

Scottish Edition

 

Nature Picture Library  Devil's Point and Corrour Bothy in snow, Cairngorms National Park, Highlands of Scotland, UK, January 2016. - Image ID: K2DCXR

ACHARAPORN KAMORNBOONYARUSH The hand of the woman is holding mother's hand that sleeping in the hospital bed. - Image ID: MAFP22

The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital & Royal Hospital for Children, Govan Road Glasgow Scotland © West Coast Exposure - Image ID: J33XPM

Sean Prior  Sad schoolgirl sitting in corridor of school - Image ID: HPF540

Charles Robertson  Pupils fill an exam hall to take a GCSE exam at Maidstone Grammar school in Maidstone, Kent, U.K. - Image ID: C0KKKB

Aisle St Columba's Church, Ui, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides, Scotland UK - Image ID: EPXK78

 

Irish Edition

 

MBI  Driver Suffering From Whiplash After Traffic Collision - Image ID: E0BAWR

özkan özmen  Yellow striped stray cat looking straight at camera et eye level face to face domestic cat - Image ID: P81P2R

 

Business

 

PD. Amedzro The St. Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, Aldgate, City of London, London, England, United Kingdom - Image ID: DTXGW0 - cropped landscape?

John Sturrock  Stockbrokers on the trading floor of the London Stock Exchange before it was replaced by SEAQ in the 'big bang of 1986 - Image ID: A2WN8C

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SShep said:

17/09/2018, London Evening Standard, p45, Hyams Beach in New South Wales, GT1CN8, Genevieve Vallee [Alamy credit only]
 

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/reiseziele/19618-bstr-die-schoensten-herbstreisen-fuer-kurzentschlossene
Die schönsten Herbstreisen für Kurzentschlossene
The most beautiful autumn trips for last-minute travellers

 

Netherlands, Renesse, Woman riding horse on beach
FCBBD9 Mauritius Images / Frans Lemmens / Alamy RM

 

The Desalpe. Swiss cows walking trhough the town of Lenk as they are brought down from the alpine pastures
CB7JWK Mauritius Images / Alistair Scott / Alamy RM

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2018 at 12:20, SShep said:

17/09/2018, Guardian, p21, Varanasi in india, BTNXP1, Richard Bradley
17/09/2018, Guardian, p25, Edinburgh Castle, KA9B1G, Joana Kruse [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
17/09/2018, Guardian [Journal section], p4, harbour warning sign, C82A09, paul ridsdale [Cropped to vertical]

 

thank you for finding this sshep, all the best paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Iain, Gen and Paul
Steve


19/09/2018, Guardian, p28, children and parents playing on swings in Northern Ireland, AP8YD2, Radharc Images
19/09/2018, Guardian [Journal section], p4, Alain Leroy Locke, FF999E, Granger Historical Picture Archive

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loads of Alamy credited images on these 2019 calendars http://www.carouselcalendars.co.uk/product/format/a4-calendars

Too many photographers to list and the writing is quite small to read but a few I could recognise

Ian Dagnall

Adam Burton

CW Images

Ashley Cooper

Alan Novelli

Tim Gainey

Washington Imaging - Bryan?

David Wall

 

It's worth looking at any calendars that you think might be possible then click on the image showing the thumbnails on the back where the credit line is.  Also worth looking at other calendar ranges from their products list.

 

I found three of mine, two are the same image and they haven't been invoiced yet.  I used to supply this company direct but they now prefer buying from libraries, especially Alamy it seems.  When I supplied them directly I was paid separately for each calendar even if the same image was used.  It will be interesting to see whether I get paid twice for the same image this time or whether Alamy will have given them a multiple use deal.

 

Pearl

Edited by Pearl
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link Pearl. Four of mine. Last year they were invoiced on 1st December.

 

Steven

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found in the Metro by Adie

 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/18/people-from-the-eu-shouldnt-get-special-treatment-after-brexit-government-report-says-7956681/

 

Immigration at UK Border control at an airport in Britain Stock Photo

 

Photograph of Immigration at UK Border control at an airport in Britain

Photographer: david pearson / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID : C49JBT

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pearl said:

Loads of Alamy credited images on these 2019 calendars http://www.carouselcalendars.co.uk/product/format/a4-calendars

Too many photographers to list and the writing is quite small to read but a few I could recognise

Ian Dagnall

Adam Burton

CW Images

Ashley Cooper

Alan Novelli

Tim Gainey

Washington Imaging - Bryan?

David Wall

 

It's worth looking at any calendars that you think might be possible then click on the image showing the thumbnails on the back where the credit line is.  Also worth looking at other calendar ranges from their products list.

 

I found three of mine, two are the same image and they haven't been invoiced yet.  I used to supply this company direct but they now prefer buying from libraries, especially Alamy it seems.  When I supplied them directly I was paid separately for each calendar even if the same image was used.  It will be interesting to see whether I get paid twice for the same image this time or whether Alamy will have given them a multiple use deal.

 

Pearl

 

I used to supply direct as well. The benefit of that, apart from the full fee!, was that they send you 3 free copies of the calendar.

 

Funnily enough I was at Trentham Gardens on Sunday and I saw the Staffordshire calendar and I didn't think any of mine were included as they usually ask for your permission before printing if sold direct, so was pleasantly surprised to see one of mine, of.....….Trentham Gardens!!

 

On the strength of that I thought I would have a quick look at several other calendars and found pics in the Cheshire as well as the Gloucestershire calendars.

 

So thanks Pearl for highlighting that.

 

John.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steven Gillis said:

Thanks for the link Pearl. Four of mine. Last year they were invoiced on 1st December.

 

Steven

You're very welcome Steven.  Glad you found some of yours

 

Pearl

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stokie said:

 

I used to supply direct as well. The benefit of that, apart from the full fee!, was that they send you 3 free copies of the calendar.

 

Funnily enough I was at Trentham Gardens on Sunday and I saw the Staffordshire calendar and I didn't think any of mine were included as they usually ask for your permission before printing if sold direct, so was pleasantly surprised to see one of mine, of.....….Trentham Gardens!!

 

On the strength of that I thought I would have a quick look at several other calendars and found pics in the Cheshire as well as the Gloucestershire calendars.

 

So thanks Pearl for highlighting that.

 

John.

 

You're very welcome John.  I might have another look to see if I have any sold direct as well.  I assumed not as I haven't been asked but maybe they have stopped doing that.

 

Pearl

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.