How was your August 2018?

4 sales for $172 gross. Slightly below average. Zooms were well down in the first 3 weeks of August and only picked up towards the end.

With a refund and three small sales, I started the last day of August with a negative gross figure. A single $188 sale on the last day turned things positive. 

A little disappointing with the lowest sales numbers and revenue for the year to date.  18 sales for $367 gross.  Having said that, I'd have been delighted with those figures this time last year.  Recent months have obviously spoiled me!

Cumulative numbers for 2018 have now exceeded those for 2017 - 178 sales in 2018 vs 175 sales in 2017 - but revenues are still below last years total.  More sales but lower average prices.  Zooms held up well - 53 for the month, but CTR a little down at .76 due to an increase in views. 

A bit above average no of sales at 18, but income the best in the last 12 months at $580.

Lowest $6.24, highest $119, which was refunded, then sold again for..........$119!! One of 2 $$$ sales.

Views today are the lowest since January and are almost half of what they were in September 2017 (5553 now, 9988 then) despite adding 1,374 images, although zooms are about the same (35 and 37).

I've beaten 2016's income but a bit to go to match last years yet - unless I have another good month this month!!

John.

71 for $1930 gross - a bit below average; 5 over $$$, best $150

Good news : no refunds at all this month

Bad news: lowest zoom numbers (206)  and CTR (0.54) for 12 months

Kumar

23 hours ago, hsessions said:

It's been about the same all year, give or take, plus or minus 4-5 licenses each month.

This month 27, for 1179.00 (gross of course).

Good work indeed.  You must be doing well with the cutouts.  I wish I had more enthusiasm for those kind of still lifes.

9 hours ago, losdemas said:

Very good ratio of licenses to images online. :)

Believe it or not, used to be better, much better when I had fewer images.  1 license /100 images.  That was, oh way back when there were only 8 or 10M images on Alamy compared to the 150M now.  I think things are worse for me now I think because of the total number of images on Alamy and my collection is not growing.

36 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Good work indeed.  You must be doing well with the cutouts.  I wish I had more enthusiasm for those kind of still lifes.

Reimar, I haven't the enthusiasm for it anymore either, ten years ago I was ten years younger, more patient, determined and inspired, and I forgot to mention more physically fit.  Spending 45 minutes bending, squatting, doing all kinds of acrobatics to get the right shot of a can of Coke is no joke now.  I force myself to squeeze out just a few of these cutouts now and again but not easy, still I try because, yes, they do sell.

Hadn't logged in, or picked up a camera, in months. Thought, "Oooh, I wonder if there's been any activity on that umm...er...what was it called....?" 

Well, first sale on Aug 23rd and $21 brought a smile to my face. Darn it - I'm gonna have to re-learn what all those buttons and knobs do again. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived