Any member using the Sony RX100 M6 yet?

I stopped by B&H the other day and tried out the RX100/6. It sure was nice to have the added zoom, but the changes to the pop-up viewfinder, which I use a lot, made it an even better choice! I’ve grown to love the ease of using my model 4, especially when photographing in crowded cities, but have added the 6 to my list of "must haves once my ship comes in." 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:09, John Mitchell said:

To my surprise, images taken with the 24MP a6000 and 55-210 at the long end actually look better better than those shot with the 16MP NEX-6. I thought the opposite would be true. No QC problems (touch wood).

Funny lens.  At maximum extension, it appears to be sharpest at its closest focusing distance.   There are better lenses, but not better lighter optically stablized ones for the price.

There are a lot of digital tech reasons why one lens may get better overall sharpness than others: IS, accurate autofocus, steady hands, and of course better glass. Whatever the reasons, I'm getting better, more consistent results with the RX100/6. I don't miss the faster lens on my 100/3. My standard f/stop is 5.6, and I make adjustments from there. I've not had time to do a real shoot here in Seville yet, but I have about 50 images on Alamy done while I'm going about for other purposes. Great Sony pocketable!

Cecile, if you pass 146 Mulberry again, please see if the Vacate Order is still on the door to the right of the shutdown restaurant.  If instead you want a good bowl of pasta, go to Emporio on Mott just below Prince in Nolita.

Edo

Edo, I snapped a couple of photos from across the street. I was thinking the entrance was to the left of the restaurant, but in my pictures I can see five notices posted on the door at 146 that have "NYC" in large type at the top. I can’t read the rest, but perhaps these are notices to vacate. It looks like the same notices are also in the first side window of the Christmas shop to the right. I’ve uploaded one of these photos, so will let you know once it’s got some keywords. 

Thank you so much, C.  That means the building is still shut to all, 8 months now. Oh my. It's just of curious interest to me now, since I've sold my rent-stabilized lease and have moved on. Or I'm trying to. If U need any NYC advice let me know:  edoruan@gmail.com

Thanks for the email address, Edo. Much appreciated. I’ll be going back to Florida soon, but might contact you in the future with questions next time I head back to NYC. I usually get up here a couple times of year. I love New York enough to stay for six months to a year if I could afford the rent. For now I have to be content to occasionally visit.

18 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thank you so much, C.  That means the building is still shut to all, 8 months now. Oh my. It's just of curious interest to me now, since I've sold my rent-stabilized lease and have moved on. Or I'm trying to. If U need any NYC advice let me know:  edoruan@gmail.com

Taken with Model 4 :-)

Archived