8 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

That would be very interesting. Someone with both RM and RF could experiment, but they'd need to be sure that BHZ was or was not a supertag in each.

They all need to be the same. BHZ search results will only show our rank in relation to each other. If you force your way up the list by one means or other it's just fakery.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

They all need to be the same. BHZ search results will only show our rank in relation to each other. If you force your way up the list by one means or other it's just fakery.

Okay thanks, that explains why it has to be an RM image. 

Edited by Kat
I can't spell!
  • Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Still, it's interesting to know how much of an influence supertags have, and whether RF is getting a higher ranking than RM.

22 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Still, it's interesting to know how much of an influence supertags have, and whether RF is getting a higher ranking than RM.

These are interesting questions that we must resort to BHZ to answer. 

My main pseudo bhz image was on page 3 until I demoted BHZ to a tag from a supertag then it turned up on page 23.  Yesterday I promoted it back to a supertag and it's back at the top of page 3 (120 / page).  When bhz was first contrived we didn't have these sorts of tags and bhz was generally put into the essential keywords box.  Essential keywords then got made into supertags so if people haven't changed anything then most will have it as a supertag.

Pearl

12 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Went up from p29 when not a supertag to p10 when supertagged.

Exactly the same here. Just above half way down, the naked rickshaw rider. We could be page ten of ten of contributors with BHZ as a supertag! I'm pretty sure the image at first place on page one was a photograph of the sky with writing in 'cloud' including the word Jesus but it seems to have gone. 

12 hours ago, Kat said:

Just out of curiosity, does it have to be an RM image or could one choose an RF image? Would there be a difference in results? 

When BHZ was originally proposed (by Tony Collins IIRC because they were the registration letters of his car, and it's not, and never has been, endorsed by Alamy) there was an unwritten rule that images should be RM only. Like all unwritten rules, that one has long since been violated by some people.

Alan

3 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Exactly the same here. Just above half way down, the naked rickshaw rider. We could be page ten of ten of contributors with BHZ as a supertag! I'm pretty sure the image at first place on page one was a photograph of the sky with writing in 'cloud' including the word Jesus but it seems to have gone. 

At least two pics which caught my eye yesterday when trawling through looking for my file seem to have changed position. One was definitely about 3/4 way down a page but is now on the top line of a page. I don't know if it has gone up or down. But yes, we could indeed be at the end of BHZ supertagged images. It only shows that supertagging made a difference to our files.

Edited by Cryptoprocta
1 hour ago, Pearl said:

......put into the essential keywords box.  Essential keywords then got made into supertags so if people haven't changed anything then most will have it as a supertag.

Pearl

Mine didn't, which has influenced my position - plus a lapse in following these threads. It probably depended on how many words you had as essentials at the changeover

3 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

At least two pics which caught my eye yesterday when trawling through looking for my file seem to have changed position. One was definitely about 3/4 way down a page but is now on the top line of a page. I don't know if it has gone up or down. But yes, we could indeed be at the end of BHZ supertagged images. It only shows that supertagging made a difference to our files.

I think that confirms that ranking is now a part of the daily database update, as it logically should always have been.

7 hours ago, Avpics said:

Now that I'd like to see.  No naked rickshaw rider on page 10 at 100 or 120/page.

???

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

I did find the image by searching alamy for it (ETK73R).  But I do not see it on page 10, or any other page of a BHZ search (although I could have missed it somewhere on another page).

Am I the only one who can't see this BHZ image?

And if so - why?

Oddly, if I combine BHZ with another tag like girl, rickshaw, or naked, I see the image.

I see it right on page 10 of BHZ.

I can't offer an explanation as to why you can't.

Still, it's more important that it can be found via normal search.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Reimar said:

I did find the image by searching alamy for it (ETK73R).  But I do not see it on page 10, or any other page of a BHZ search (although I could have missed it somewhere on another page).

Am I the only one who can't see this BHZ image?

And if so - why?

Oddly, if I combine BHZ with another tag like girl, rickshaw, or naked, I see the image.

No, I don't see it, either. 

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I see it right on page 10 of BHZ.

I can't offer an explanation as to why you can't.

Still, it's more important that it can be found via normal search.

That's interesting. 

I think BHZ is a normal search. The reason I went through the whole BHZ collection at least 5 times is that it is kind of critical that an image with a tag shows up in a search for that tag for EVERYBODY.  I think Alamy has some 'splainin' to do.

12 minutes ago, Reimar said:

That's interesting. 

I think BHZ is a normal search. The reason I went through the whole BHZ collection at least 5 times is that it is kind of critical that an image with a tag shows up in a search for that tag for EVERYBODY.  I think Alamy has some 'splainin' to do.

Just to show what I'm seeing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y9q1g191d1fjng/BHZ.jpg?dl=0

The pic is on the fourth line of that screenshot (page 10), circled in pink. (Creative or Relevant)

Last week I found one of my files didn't show on a (small results) keyword search.

54 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Just to show what I'm seeing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y9q1g191d1fjng/BHZ.jpg?dl=0

The pic is on the fourth line of that screenshot (page 10), circled in pink. (Creative or Relevant)

Last week I found one of my files didn't show on a (small results) keyword search.

I was going to re-do my search with creative and RF added as you had done.  Before that, I refreshed my search for "relevant" and RM at 120/page and now find the image on page 8.

I'm sure it wasn't there before.  I think something at Alamy is trying to mess with my head.

On 8/10/2018 at 06:09, Allan Bell said:

My "BHZ" image is stuck on a page but keeps moving about on that page so I believe that you are moved around in the rankings on a weekly or even daily basis automatically now depending on the performance of your port.

Allan

My BHZ snap has been in the middle of page one for a very long time. I forgot it existed until I saw this post. I think it has move a line or two up or down.