uploading same image twice at different times

Nothing in my experience, you can delete the duplicate at the keywording stage, or if you don't notice it then, ask Alamy to delete it.

I recently came across three nominally identical shots uploaded and key worded by an agency, I guess that they might have been uploaded at different times.

8 hours ago, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

So what happens?   Haven't done it yet, but it seems inevitable at some point.  

If it's "inevitable", then maybe you need a foolproof system for organising your edited pictures in a 'For Alamy' file...

I use the color labels in Lightroom. If the image has a red label it is on Alamy. If I'm careless I suppose a very similar image might be uploaded at a later date but it is unlikely and hasn't happened so far.

Paulette

Hi all,

I have a question that's quite similar to the first post so rather than start another thread I'll post here if okay. It's bugged me for a while but I have a image amongst my portfolio where I accidentally cropped it badly, and about 10% percent of image at the top is blank from where I got the crop wrong in edit. Obviously this wasn't the one on the batch that got looked at in QC otherwise I guess it would have been rejected. Rather than go through the process of deleting it, waiting and then resubmitting the new version (a easy fix) is there a way of submitting a revised edit and just replacing the image instantly? If there is, I can't see it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Gary 

1 hour ago, Gary1701 said:

Hi all,

I have a question that's quite similar to the first post so rather than start another thread I'll post here if okay. It's bugged me for a while but I have a image amongst my portfolio where I accidentally cropped it badly, and about 10% percent of image at the top is blank from where I got the crop wrong in edit. Obviously this wasn't the one on the batch that got looked at in QC otherwise I guess it would have been rejected. Rather than go through the process of deleting it, waiting and then resubmitting the new version (a easy fix) is there a way of submitting a revised edit and just replacing the image instantly? If there is, I can't see it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Gary 

Yes,

Upload the new one and wait for it to clear qc. Then add your caption and include the alamy reference of the old one in the tags to the replacement. (just in case someone has seen it in the past and wants to search for it again). Then contact CS with both the alamy references and they'll do it for you.

J

When I’m ready to upload, I have a copy of the jpeg in my Alamy upload folder, and a jpeg copy titled BAL2000- AL stored in the folder with the RAW. The AL designation in the file name tells me it has been uploaded to AL (Alamy). Both of the folders then are sent from my desktop to external drives.

No way can I upload one image twice. I would have to open the RAW folder and would immediately see the AL-jpeg beside it.

Betty

On 04/08/2018 at 15:46, James Hodgson said:

Yes,

Upload the new one and wait for it to clear qc. Then add your caption and include the alamy reference of the old one in the tags to the replacement. (just in case someone has seen it in the past and wants to search for it again). Then contact CS with both the alamy references and they'll do it for you.

J

Alamy told me they couldn't do this when I asked not long ago.  I was told to upload a new one and set the old one for deletion.

If you do the above you can always delete the caption and tags of the original before deleting then it won't get found.

Pearl

Archived