Well, I fought my way back....hallelujah!  Achieved 3 star rank recently.  Moved my cell phone photos to a location out of the way as the one cell phone photo that wound up in the second batch upload I think it was, caused my fall from grace.

Although I read the Contributor guide and all the help info, I learn quite a bit from the forum.   I would encourage new folks to join the forum etc..... as I am still tackling the RF - RM license thing.  After reading and studying the help guides, I still find helpful info on the forum with all the different threads on the subject.  And still confusing as to what to do with the RF - RM designation as I find another thread that points out something different.  Well, could be this old hard headed geezer has hard time learning......:D

Thank You Alamy and friends of the Forum......I am staying......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome home Bear, glad you're back :)

I'm still trying to get my head around the old RF/RM thing....I'm just playing safe for the time being - any property or people and I go RM editorial, since my port is still quite small it won't be too much effort to change anything should the need arise.

Speaking of image numbers....you're off to a flying start....well done sir! :)

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Welcome home Bear, glad you're back :)

I'm still trying to get my head around the old RF/RM thing....I'm just playing safe for the time being - any property or people and I go RM editorial, since my port is still quite small it won't be too much effort to change anything should the need arise.

Speaking of image numbers....you're off to a flying start....well done sir! :)

Thank You Kind Sir!  I guess I understand the license, not had to deal with that at the other places too much, really like the editorial and newsletter capabilities here at Alamy and need to get a handle on what to shoot.  Also as I understand to keep myself protected......:D

That was quick- I think it took me a year to get from 2 to 3, and no fails either!

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

That was quick- I think it took me a year to get from 2 to 3, and no fails either!

Maybe they felt sorry for me Spacecadet, with the way it happened and all, a notorious cell phone file slipping into the batch upload.   :D  I still don't know how it happened, just making sure it don't happen again........:wub:

Congrats, Bear.    I joined in April, not too long before you.   Happened to notice that I had 3 stars just this week.  It's not a dominant feature of the dashboard, so I don't know how long it's been there.   I've had 25 downloads, for 400 images, with one fail last month......which was from the road (in a campground in New Mexico), and I probably didn't give the pics quite the scrutiny they deserved.  Still, the fail was on a pic of a person who had been in shadow and I got a little carried away with the adjustment brush and created a bizarre little artifact on his hand.   Never even considered looking there, so I learned something from it.

Anyway, I'm surprised they gave me 3 stars with that fail.   I'll be even more pleased when I get a sale. 

Keep on truckin'. 

Michael

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Congrats to you Bear :)

I am still trying to get my head around the whole licence/release thing.  It does appear to be a little bit complicated.  I have been through some of my photos over the weekend and uploaded a batch more, currently with QC, although with some of these they are castles, so I've also asked the various castles if I can use their photos for sale, so waiting on a reply for those.  I'll add these as editorial for the time being until I hear more.

I'm still a bit new to this - joined in July - so still a fairly small portfolio.  I have just stretched up into 25 photos - I think! :)

Edited by Stephen W
extra line added.
  • Upvote 1

On 02/08/2018 at 16:17, spacecadet said:

I am still a one star from the beginning but uploads are usually passed QC by the following morning.

Allan

On 8/5/2018 at 17:13, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

Congrats, Bear.    I joined in April, not too long before you.   Happened to notice that I had 3 stars just this week.  It's not a dominant feature of the dashboard, so I don't know how long it's been there.   I've had 25 downloads, for 400 images, with one fail last month......which was from the road (in a campground in New Mexico), and I probably didn't give the pics quite the scrutiny they deserved.  Still, the fail was on a pic of a person who had been in shadow and I got a little carried away with the adjustment brush and created a bizarre little artifact on his hand.   Never even considered looking there, so I learned something from it.

Anyway, I'm surprised they gave me 3 stars with that fail.   I'll be even more pleased when I get a sale. 

Keep on truckin'. 

Michael

Thanks Michael, I see you don't have a greenie, so I gave you one.  Gvallee was kind to give me my first one and will always remember her kindness and move it forward.....

On 7/3/2018 at 20:41, gvallee said:

Correct. It's totally up to contributors to give arrows or not.

Give good advice/help and you might get green ones (greenies). Upset someone and you might get a red one if that person is so inclined. 

Some contributor never give either, some only green ones, some cancel out red ones.

I'll give you a greenie so you have +1 Reputation :)

Gen

On 8/6/2018 at 08:22, Stephen W said:

I am still trying to get my head around the whole licence/release thing.  It does appear to be a little bit complicated.  I have been through some of my photos over the weekend and uploaded a batch more, currently with QC, although with some of these they are castles, so I've also asked the various castles if I can use their photos for sale, so waiting on a reply for those.  I'll add these as editorial for the time being until I hear more.

I'm still a bit new to this - joined in July - so still a fairly small portfolio.  I have just stretched up into 25 photos - I think! :)

Gave you one too Stephen W.  (A greenie)  :D

On 06/08/2018 at 13:22, Stephen W said:

some of these they are castles, so I've also asked the various castles if I can use their photos for sale, so waiting on a reply for those.  I'll add these as editorial for the time being until I hear more.

You very rarely need permission, certainly not if taken from public land, and asking is the surest way to be denied it!

National Trust apart, my attitude is that if I'm not asked not to take pictures at the time, I put them up. It's my extension of the English law principle- if it's not forbidden , it's allowed.

• Upvote 1