Sign in to follow this  
Niels Quist

Some image thumbnails cannot be zoomed

A number of images in my most recent batch cannot be zoomed.. They show all right as thumbnails and enlarged thumbnails (when hovered on) - but when zoomed you'll just see a black background with a message that no image was received - the images in question can change. The problems have lasted some days now (I thought they would be solved by the next server update). Member Services and technical department are looking into it, but have you also seen this problem recently?

Edited by Niels Quist

Same problem, when looking at my collection from outside of Alamy  I can see thumbnails of most the recent uploads but cannot zoom in, getting message "Sorry, we didn't receive any message".

Not having a problem myself. I have switched from Safari to Firefox because of similar problems. I think that there has been an upgrade of Adobe Reader recently. May be worth checking that you are on the latest version.

dov

Thanks, both of you.

Just installed the Adobe Reader upgrade and restarted - didn't help.

Also just checked if the problem also occurs in Firefox - it sure does.....

I definitely think it is on Alamy's side.

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist

My last submission shows the preview, and the rollover, but not when clicked on to view larger, and I get the message

Sorry, we didn't receive any image.

All previous images work, not browser related as far as I can see

Edited by York Photographer

I too had the same problem with zooming a submitted batch of 21 a few days ago. I asked MS to look into it. They did and their techies fixed the problem. With 40-million images, things may be getting a bit top heavy at Alamy. 

:wacko:

Thanks.

The problems seem to be solved for some of my images, but have turned up on 3-4 new images. Seems very strange.

This has been an intermittent problem since the new site went up. It is not a recent thing.

I had the same problem with my latest batch.  But it was quickly fixed after I contacted member services.

Thanks.

Seems to be a recurring problem for my images right now. At least one image, that originally did not have the problem now won't show.