Avpics

Images sold in August (One per day per contributor)

sacramento-california-usa-dont-frack-cal

Sale #11 so far this month

$89

Its been a great summer for Alamy Live News weather. This image being used twice mounting to approx. $200, and only on the back garden, so no travelling cost involved.

Alan

P4G3WJ.jpg

Starting the end of the month surge (thinking positive thoughts) with a PU:

1964 Sunbeam Lister Tiger is owned by Tony Eckford and was raced by Chris Beighton & Matt Neal at the 2015 Goodwood - Stock Image

Newspaper sale

lake-ballard-western-australia-wa-austra

I guess I am experiencing an end-of-the-month surge.  I have a sale a day, each day this week....has helped fill the well some! 

Police in schools (a hot subject in the USA sadly).  Presentation use.

usa-safety-in-public-schools-police-offi

• Like 1

Three small newspaper sales arrived. Two I knew about, but this one was news to me. Can’t find out where it was used, though.

people-with-envious-look-at-bright-red-f

Not had one of these before - and suffice to say, for not very much:

Media: Newspaper - provincial/free
Print run: up to 2 million

storm-clouds-gather-and-dark-times-are-a

J15RGG Editorial royalty-free
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
100 MB
7245 x 4830 pixels 
3 MB compressed
Image Size: Any size
Start: 30 August 2018
End: 30 August 2023

j15rgg.jpg

3 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Not had one of these before - and suffice to say, for not very much:

Media: Newspaper - provincial/free

storm-clouds-gather-and-dark-times-are-a

The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/26/the-brexit-economy-looming-rate-rise-clouds-outlook-as-inflation-dips

???

Edited by LawrensonPhoto

11 hours ago, gvallee said:

Newspaper sale

lake-ballard-western-australia-wa-austra

Some of your images look as if they might have been captured on another planet (I mean that as a compliment).

I hope that isn't a giant anthill. :lol:

Sausage bap ~ got slightly more than it cost to make :lol:

sausage-sandwich-or-sausage-bap-a-favour

Edited by David Pimborough

Personal Use !!!!!!!! at a bit over 50% of proper price.

firing-handmade-clay-bricks-at-a-factory-anturan-village-tukaddmunga-DE7AW8.jpg

Edited by cbimages

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Some of your images look as if they might have been captured on another planet (I mean that as a compliment).

I hope that isn't a giant anthill. :lol:

Australia IS another planet John. I love the wilderness. 

I'll tell you a little story about this pic then. We were camped in our campervan by this salt lake. Totally isolated, no-one around for many many miles. We were having a glass of wine in the evening when suddenly a strong wind blew. We hurriedly rolled away the awning and went inside. Within minutes, the sky turned a dark black. A phenomenal electric thunderstorm illuminated the lake. Streams of water started running from the red sand hills towards the campervan. It was an awesome show of nature that will remain in my memory forever.

The only thing is that the next morning, I realised I had lost a camera plate. I thought that probably it happened when I climbed the hill in the middle (you can see a faint trail). With the rain, the surface of the lake had become like soap. I had to use my tripod to stabilise myself and cross to the hill. I found nothing there. Then I spotted it at the bottom of my camera bag.... 

Edited by gvallee

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Australia IS another planet John. I love the wilderness. 

I'll tell you a little story about this pic then. We were camped in our campervan by this salt lake. Totally isolated, no-one around for many many miles. We were having a glass of wine in the evening when suddenly a strong wind blew. We hurriedly rolled away the awning and went inside. Within minutes, the sky turned a dark black. A phenomenal electric thunderstorm illuminated the lake. Streams of water started running for the red sand hills towards the campervan. It was an awesome show of nature that will remain in my memory forever.

The only thing is that the next morning, I realised I had lost a camera plate. I thought that probably it happened when I climbed the hill in the middle (you can see a faint trail). With the rain, the surface of the lake had become like soap. I had to use my tripod to stabilise myself and cross to the hill. I found nothing there. Then I spotted it at the bottom of my camera bag.... 

Yes indeed, Planet Oz. That's a good story. I spotted the trail up the hill, or whatever it is...

16 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Thanks. Yes, I knew it was used in the Guardian via Getty but the provincial was from Alamy. Also, they're different versions, of course.

• Like 1

For a book...

6-in-a-series-of-images-of-a-mother-pola

D7131P  Mother Polar Bear with a seal, followed by a cub, in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway

Paulette

• Like 3

Four sales reported today, and I wonder if that’s it for the month. This one was zoomed yesterday and sold today for a decent $$.

picturesque-pub-in-old-building-teuchter

tragumna-west-cork-ireland-3rd-july-2018-another-scorching-hot-day-here-in-west-cork-as-the-heat-wave-continues-holiday-makers-are-making-the-most-of-the-sunshine-at-the-beach-where-life-guards-keep-a-careful-watch-for-the-more-careless-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-P6WT61.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 02 July 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Irish Sun 26th July so fairly rapid pay out for a national.

• Upvote 1

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:18, Sally said:

Except if you’re in a vehicle, of course, in which case you are ignored. It’s now illegal to carry a rifle in Botswana. 

Very true, we did get a small collision from a female elephant once. Watching a herd coming through the bush very close to us. Unfortunately a calf came the wrong side of the land rover, the mother just wanted to get to it so we got a shove in the rear wing, once they were together they just trotted of, I had to right a typical army report in triplicate as to why our land rover was bent!

3 hours ago, aphperspective said:

tragumna-west-cork-ireland-3rd-july-2018-another-scorching-hot-day-here-in-west-cork-as-the-heat-wave-continues-holiday-makers-are-making-the-most-of-the-sunshine-at-the-beach-where-life-guards-keep-a-careful-watch-for-the-more-careless-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-P6WT61.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 02 July 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Irish Sun 26th July so fairly rapid pay out for a national.

Used again here:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3054458/irish-weather-experts-new-september-heatwave-temperatures/

4 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Very true, we did get a small collision from a female elephant once. Watching a herd coming through the bush very close to us. Unfortunately a calf came the wrong side of the land rover, the mother just wanted to get to it so we got a shove in the rear wing, once they were together they just trotted of, I had to right a typical army report in triplicate as to why our land rover was bent!

Yes, I should have said....apart from elephants. We had to make a hasty retreat on one occasion form a snorting trunk-raising bull elephant who simply wasn’t happy with us being around.

Just now, aphperspective said:

Thanks for the spot Andy.

You're welcome Andy.