Images sold in August (One per day per contributor)

On 8/24/2018 at 00:45, Bryan said:

I do like steam loco pics, but include this one as I had gone to the trouble of providing chapter and verse in the optional Additional Info section. It may or may not have made a difference. National newspaper in paper and online.

steam-locomotive-of-the-chemin-de-fer-de

Very colourful. We don't have any of those lovely old machines in these here parts. I used to put stuff in the 'additional info' box but stopped for some reason. It's probably a good habit to get back into these days. Images sold in August? What are those? :lol:

Guest Larbug

Spotted Flycatcher fledgling being fed by parent.

Exhibition - Interpretation board/Touch screen or Audio Visual, Single use, any size, life of display

spotted-flycatcher-fledgling-muscicapa-striata-being-fed-a-mayfly-by-its-parent-tipperary-ireland-MC1MTH.jpg

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Very colourful. We don't have any of those lovely old machines in these here parts. I used to put stuff in the 'additional info' box but stopped for some reason. It's probably a good habit to get back into these days. Images sold in August? What are those? :lol:

I don't do it as a matter of course, but for those images where I think the customer might appreciate a bit of help I do. Probably fewer than 10%. 

Hoping your drought will end sometime soon, it's not been a good month. :(

12 hours ago, Larbug said:

Exhibition - Interpretation board/Touch screen or Audio Visual, Single use, any size, life of display

spotted-flycatcher-fledgling-muscicapa-striata-being-fed-a-mayfly-by-its-parent-tipperary-ireland-MC1MTH.jpg

What a shot! Very well done. Very pleased for you.

Gen

15 hours ago, Larbug said:

Great pic. It's nearly the end of summer, and I haven't seen a single spotted flycatcher this year. :(

Guest Larbug
6 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Great pic. It's nearly the end of summer, and I haven't seen a single spotted flycatcher this year. :(

Thanks John. Taken 3 years ago. Haven't gone looking for them since as I mainly do insect photography nowadays.

3 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

They should be using that in the Countryfile calendar.

They won't, as they require photos which haven't been published.

However, it's a fantastic photo of a species which is becoming much more restricted in its distribution. They're hardly seen hereabouts nowadays. :(

12 hours ago, Bryan said:

I don't do it as a matter of course, but for those images where I think the customer might appreciate a bit of help I do. Probably fewer than 10%. 

Hoping your drought will end sometime soon, it's not been a good month. :(

You can say that again. Only a last minute tsunami would bail me out this month.

Another sale popped in this morning.  Not exactly an end of the month surge but better nothing!!  My zooms have flatlined this past week so I am happy any sales are coming.

This shot is of a poster at a bus stop warning people of the Zika virus, the virus bad a year or two ago so a little surprised it sold now.  Magazine use for $$.

zika-mosquito-warning-in-usa-american-ma

Another archival from about 1982.

Archive image of George Alcock, FRAS, 1912-2000,  astronomer, comet and nova discoverer, with binoculars and nova Stock Photo

Usage: Corporate client. Wall Décor. Any size. Any placement. Single Design only.
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Start: 29 August 2018
Duration: In perpetuity - you're kidding me!

My emphasis. Price  is about 1/20 of what was paid for a similar 3- year business decor licence only 4 years ago.

Archived