Images sold in August (One per day per contributor)

2 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Jen, yes, definitely emus....I got chased by a wild one a few years ago, no doubt it wanted the sandwich I was eating........silly me just ran and forget to toss the food! Once I dropped it, the emu got what it wanted and went away. Then there's goannas..........hubby & I took some bread rolls and lovely fresh prawns to a lookout in the hill behind the town we live in. It was a balmy spring day, and we were relaxed and enjoying our feast. Then I noticed a massive goanna heading towards us, and it came and stood right next to me - it's head was about knee height. Within minutes we had 8 of them surrounding us, heads up, sniffing the aroma of our picnic. We carefully packed up and planned our escape. I stood and tossed the whole bowl of prawn peelings in the opposite direction to where our car was, and when the goannas went one way, we went the other. Needless to say there was a lot of fighting for our scraps!

Cassowaries, wild camels. The list goes on. I don't want to highjack this thread any longer than I already have, we would have quite a few stories to exchange cbimages.

12 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Sure, but how are you going to kill one of Gen's?:o

A rolled-up newspaper ain't going to do it. Maybe the tyre iron.

Australia does seem to have a lot of wildlife that wants to kill you. We've only got the adder, and that hasn't killed anyone since 1975.

We've had 13 deaths from bees,wasps,hornets 2001-2013 according to office natl stats (bigger if you read newspaper stats), but cows win in the UK.

Gens sharks and bees one worries me though, does that mean bees are stinging while you try to escape sharks!!!

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

I'm posting this, possibly as proof of the importance of a caption. There was no information in this temple as to why the central figure was defaced while the others remained untouched - and it took some time back home to find out in which temple it was (my notes proved inconclusive), which VIP was defaced and why. Turns out it was Queen Hatshepsut whose successor Tuthmosis III wanted erased - though not the Gods.

a-detail-of-a-defaced-queen-hatshepsut-i

2 hours ago, Marsh said:

We've had 13 deaths from bees,wasps,hornets 2001-2013 according to office natl stats (bigger if you read newspaper stats), but cows win in the UK.

Gens sharks and bees one worries me though, does that mean bees are stinging while you try to escape sharks!!!

Fair enough. But IIRC trousers are much more dangerous.

A couple of sales have come in this morning....it looks like the feeding time has changed here, has it for others?  I used to see sales updates every evening at 8pm (20:00) east coast time in the U.S. and now, lately, it updates at around 8am.  

Photo of a Hot Wheels collection used in a U.K. newspaper.

toys-classic-vintage-hot-wheels-cars-mad

Three sales have just come in today. All very different subjects - a puffin, jousting and a train interior. Two relatively low, one OK $$

All newspaper editorial from June and July, but can’t find any of them.

close-up-of-solitary-atlantic-puffin-fra

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

Over here in Ireland its Cows, Bulls, and Horses, dangerous place the countryside, far safer in the city :D

3 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Over here in Ireland its Cows, Bulls, and Horses, dangerous place the countryside, far safer in the city :D

it depends on where you live here.

Alberta: brown bears

BC: cougars

Manitoba: bear or wolf

New Brunswick: Moose

Newfoundland: Moose

NWT: Black Bear

Nova Scotia: Deer

Nunavet: Polar Bear

Ontario: Wolf

PEI: Dog

Quebec: Black Bear

Saskatchewan: Wolf

Yukon: Wolf

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Here is DC, the biggest threat to humans are.....The U.S. Government :wacko: (both sides of the aisle).

I'd rather be taken out by a moose.

and then of course I just saw in the news that a local family of 4 just hit a moose, and 3 died, the 4th in coma...ugh.:( And I am heading to a funeral tomorrow for a coworker who fell off a mountain on Saturday....mother nature has not been kind lately around here.

4 hours ago, MandyD said:

it depends on where you live here.

Alberta: brown bears

BC: cougars

Manitoba: bear or wolf

New Brunswick: Moose

Newfoundland: Moose

NWT: Black Bear

Nova Scotia: Deer

Nunavet: Polar Bear

Ontario: Wolf

PEI: Dog

Quebec: Black Bear

Saskatchewan: Wolf

Yukon: Wolf

In a former life I was in the armed forces for over 20 years, spent some fantastic months up in your part of the world teaching young british marines basic survival skills. Came across alot of your list at some time or another, all magnificent animals. Bears normaly go with noise but you never new what the wretched creature would do next, because their body language never change between moving away or charging.

In Africa without a gun your just part of the food chain in the bush, very humbling.

18 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

In Africa without a gun your just part of the food chain in the bush, very humbling.

Except if you’re in a vehicle, of course, in which case you are ignored. It’s now illegal to carry a rifle in Botswana. 

2 minutes ago, Sally said:

Except if you’re in a vehicle, of course, in which case you are ignored. It’s now illegal to carry a rifle in Botswana. 

I have come across a few bears while hiking...scary, but yet I would never think to be scared of a moose.

I do like steam loco pics, but include this one as I had gone to the trouble of providing chapter and verse in the optional Additional Info section. It may or may not have made a difference. National newspaper in paper and online.

steam-locomotive-of-the-chemin-de-fer-de

30 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

At the Trabant factory in the former DDR 1990, soon after the wall came down.

Country: Worldwide. Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

10 Dollars. Or 10 Deutsche Marks.

a-new-trabant-car-shell-is-lifted-by-for

A few more of those and you can afford a real one! :D

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

At the Trabant factory in the former DDR 1990, soon after the wall came down.

Country: Worldwide. Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

10 Dollars. Or 10 Deutsche Marks.

a-new-trabant-car-shell-is-lifted-by-for

Wonder if it’s for the same presentation that my two of the Berlin wall were sold for yesterday.

Archived