Images sold in August (One per day per contributor)

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

My reward for having climbed that tabletop? 2 digits. After a dot.

Czech Republic, bulk discount, flat rate.

canaima-central-venezuela-AS1017.jpg

Six day trek across the savanna and back, 1000m climb, camping on a ledge, walk to the Triple Point. Been there , too, but only phone photos. No way would I go to Venezuela now, though.

The 7th licence for this image on Alamy for a reasonable $$. It's also been licenced elsewhere 3 times.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 17 August 2018
Duration: Unlimited

greater-bilby-macrotis-lagotis-scavenging-at-night-BAHTKK.jpg

2 hours ago, Barking said:

Why isn't there an icon  to just insert an image?

Have the Alamy file on my hard drive but can't find a way to get it into this box.😣

Any ideas?

Drag and drop.

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Drag and drop.

Not from one's hard drive. It has to be online somewhere already.

Because it's an Alamy image that has been sold, it's on Alamy.

So yes: drag and drop, but from one of the Alamy pages.

Make sure that box is already open in another tab or window, otherwise only the image will open in your browser.

wim

Public Toilets in Donaghadee Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 01 July 2023
Serbia, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

Money...if I had a $ for each of these sold I would be a rich man :D

On 18/08/2018 at 08:18, Sally said:

Six day trek across the savanna and back, 1000m climb, camping on a ledge, walk to the Triple Point. Been there , too, but only phone photos. No way would I go to Venezuela now, though.

Sally, you brought back so many memories! Trekking to base camp, finding a German tourist in very bad shape with high fever and skin hanging off his face, crawling on all fours over loose scree where a waterfall flows on the trail with a vertical drop on the left,  camping at the top, sitting half-in half-out of my tent and a bird jumping onto my feet, one of my guides deserting and abandoning my rucksack in a shelter on the way back, police checking cars on the road back to Santa Elena to make sure we hadn't taken any crystals from the tabletop, and much more. It was in the early 1990s. Like you, no way I would go back to Venezuela now.

Let's make ourselves nostalgic. You remember this? My pix.

Gen

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

Sally, you brought back so many memories! Trekking to base camp, finding a German tourist in very bad shape with high fever and skin hanging off his face, crawling on all fours over loose scree where a waterfall flows on the trail with a vertical drop on the left,  camping at the top, sitting half-in half-out of my tent and a bird jumping onto my feet, one of my guides deserting and abandoning my rucksack in a shelter on the way back, police checking cars on the road back to Santa Elena to make sure we hadn't taken any crystals from the tabletop, and much more. It was in the early 1990s. Like you, no way I would go back to Venezuela now.

Gen

Never been, and now unlikely to go, sadly, but great images Gen!

Kumar

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Never been, and now unlikely to go, sadly, but great images Gen!

Kumar

Thank you Kumar. Unfortunately badly processed. I no longer have access to the trannies nor to my Illumitran. Not that I would have the patience to re-scan transparencies these days. Better to add fresh images.

Gen 

The series of old tranny scans continues. To Turkey this time. For the usual amount.

Uploaded probably about 10 years ago and selling for the first time. Newbies take note! Patience.

giant-water-lilly-vitoria-regia-victoria

My latest sale was a rubbish photograph!!

FA8AWR.jpg

Usage: Educational book, editorial print + digital use, inside, one time use only
Start: 17 August 2018
End: 17 August 2043

Mid $$.

John.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:19, gvallee said:

Gen

My trip there wasn't that long ago - in 2011.  I remember all the spots in your photos.  It is certainly a once in a lifetime place to go, and like nowhere else on earth, so it's a pity that it isn't really viable now. I put a few of my iphone pics here https://goo.gl/wdDvky

6 hours ago, Sally said:

My trip there wasn't that long ago - in 2011.  I remember all the spots in your photos.  It is certainly a once in a lifetime place to go, and like nowhere else on earth, so it's a pity that it isn't really viable now. I put a few of my iphone pics here https://goo.gl/wdDvky

Beautiful light in your pix.

A $120 book sale to the US just dropped in. Happy!

I'm glad I persevered with this spider. Each time I approached, it closed the lid to the entrance of its burrow.

wolf-spider-tasmanicosa-sp-former-lycosa

9 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

You are very brave !..... it looks rather large. And SCARY !

It was the size of my hand and guarding its egg sac. It would bite but is not poisonous. Not seriously poisonous anyway.

I love spiders. I did a Blurb book on spiders.

Gen

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

A $120 book sale to the US just dropped in. Happy!

I'm glad I persevered with this spider. Each time I approached, it closed the lid to the entrance of its burrow.

wolf-spider-tasmanicosa-sp-former-lycosa

Blimey

Archived