Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have noticed [LU] cropping up in measures during the last few days e.g  uk plastic  [LU].  It is not listed down the side.  Does anyone know what it means?

 

Pearl

Edited by Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm,  nothing in my caption or tags would suggest that but it's a thought.  I can't see a dropdown for selecting that viewpoint either.  Thanks for the suggestion anyway.  I've just spotted vans uk [LU] as well.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little Usage?!

Likes Unicorns?

Leica Useless?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely Underwear?

Literally Underwater?

Lacking Unction?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last uploaded?

Location unknown?

 

No it's none of those either.

 

I've found a few other examples but still can't work out what this could mean as there seems to be no particular features common to the search returns.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

License <Something> ??

 

We need Alamy to put us out of our misery! ;-)

Edited by Matt Ashmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

License Unlimited?

Yes, I know I've change the word order ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what it is - Little Underpants :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The search term prince phillip [LU] found the NU sale which barely reached north of a single greenback. 'Laughing uncontrollably' (to the bank)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 19:45, Avpics said:

The search term prince phillip [LU] found the NU sale which barely reached north of a single greenback. 'Laughing uncontrollably' (to the bank)?

 

Knocks my theory of Licence Unused on the head - it did apply to my stuff :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one of these show up today, and it was for a zoomed image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reply from Contributor Services

 

"We’ve passed this to our IT team to look into, as like you, we’re not sure. We think that it may be a customer typing it in, and therefore we won’t know what they are after, but we’ll let you know when we hear back from our IT team"

 

Pearl

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first thought was "looking up" as many of the images found are looking up, but then many others aren't.

 

I then realised that if you type anything in square brackets it finds all keywords containing those letters, which is actually very useful.

 

ie. van [LU] would find luton van or any other keywords containing lu.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mark Collinson said:

I then realised that if you type anything in square brackets it finds all keywords containing those letters, which is actually very useful.

 

ie. van [LU] would find luton van or any other keywords containing lu.

ETGCW7.jpg

'colour', 'queen...philip' (various combinations) 'queen..liz'. Still seems a little random as a search option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mark Collinson said:

My first thought was "looking up" as many of the images found are looking up, but then many others aren't.

 

I then realised that if you type anything in square brackets it finds all keywords containing those letters, which is actually very useful.

 

ie. van [LU] would find luton van or any other keywords containing lu.

 

 

 

I tried your method - and found that the images I found also contained only the two letters lu in the keywords.

 

However, also tried a search with lu* - and it seemed to find what you describe - but starting with lu..

Edited by Niels Quist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly it doesn't work today.  This mornings measures showed a search for Debenhams  [LU] which returned two images of mine.  However using that search term today returns nothing.  Likewise for some other searches that I had yesterday.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pearl said:

Reply from Contributor Services

 

"We’ve passed this to our IT team to look into, as like you, we’re not sure. We think that it may be a customer typing it in, and therefore we won’t know what they are after, but we’ll let you know when we hear back from our IT team"

 

Pearl

yet when I search with it typed in, it brings nothing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MandyD said:

yet when I search with it typed in, it brings nothing up.

Have you read my post above?

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had someone searching for a picture of mine with LU and it sold a day later as a Novel Use. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vpics said:

I had someone searching for a picture of mine with LU and it sold a day later as a Novel Use. :angry:

Interesting.  I had some more [LU] searches today but nothing has sold yet.  You would think Alamy would know if [LU] meant Novel Use.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone 

 

Our search is not built to support the [LU] shortcut, which is why we're not completely sure what it means. Our guess is lower/uppercase but we have not seen enough examples to test our theory. We'll let you know if we resolve the mystery. 

 

Thanks

Alamy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone 

 

Our search is not built to support the [LU] shortcut, which is why we're not completely sure what it means. Our guess is lower/uppercase but we have not seen enough examples to test our theory. We'll let you know if we resolve the mystery. 

 

Thanks

Alamy 

 

Both images (AYBFWR and FP0T79) that were sold as Novel Use images were searched as LU. 

Only novel use image sales I've had in a long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a search for 

pine tree [LU]

I got one page of returns, and when I clicked on one of the pile of wood chips, there was a tag, lu. I’m wondering if this is someone’s way of identifying their images? It was an actual tag.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.