Horizontal line across clear sky!

@M.Chapman Thanks, I appreciate your input, it's both reassuring and worrying!:D

It makes sense....only happens for me when it's been hot and the camera has been in direct sunlight for a little while.

I wonder if it would make any difference if I 'loosened' it up prior to taking a shot by giving it a quick 10fps burst?

I think I know the answer to that though....I'm grasping at straws!

So it looks like I'll be shooting in cooler temperatures from now on - just googled cost for replacement shutter assembly....sobering!

Gareth.

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

By the way, is there a trusted way for me to upload a RAW file anywhere, for anyone who wants to take a gander?

Gareth

DNG and raw are effectively the same thing for all practical purposes, certainly if using Adobe software. Dropbox is good for uploading raw files,

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

@M.Chapman Thanks, I appreciate your input, it's both reassuring and worrying!:D

It makes sense....only happens for me when it's been hot and the camera has been in direct sunlight for a little while.

I wonder if it would make any difference if I 'loosened' it up prior to taking a shot by giving it a quick 10fps burst?

I think I know the answer to that though....I'm grasping at straws!

So it looks like I'll be shooting in cooler temperatures from now on - just googled cost for replacement shutter assembly....sobering!

Gareth.

Once again check out Fixation before you do anything. Get the sensor cleaned by them in the first place (about £60), they will check the camera and give you a sensible and trustworthy quote. They are authorised repairers if there is something wrong.

2 minutes ago, MDM said:

Once again check out Fixation before you do anything. Get the sensor cleaned by them in the first place (about £60), they will check the camera and give you a sensible and trustworthy quote. They are authorised repairers if there is something wrong.

Thanks again, yes I intend to take it to Wex (and Fixation) tomorrow for a clean.

Just watched a YouTube video of someone replacing the shutter assembly themselves!....not for the faint hearted, but I won't be doing anything quite so reckless!

I'll be taking it slow....and cheap!

Gareth.

Archived