I wonder does anyone know why alamy does not include publication details and usage dates in their sales information?

It is standard practice among stock agencies not to supply the type of info that you mentioned. At least that has been my experience. 

They want to protect the identity of their buyers to stop contributors bypassing the agent and claiming any future extra %. 

Richard.

They want to protect the identity of their buyers to stop contributors bypassing the agent and claiming any future extra %. 

Richard.

exactly

At least one agency out there reports who the client is (for direct sales) but not rights granted. However, they'd tell you the latter if you ask your editor nicely.

GI

And also I suspect they dont want us photogs pestering the buyers for tear sheets etc

Kumar

I had an agency that showed online stats in real time showing the client name,when they viewed,downloaded,then when and where it was published,amt paid, date invoiced and date  paid.

So saying agencies don't do it,is not always correct.

I have two other agencies that have comprehensive sales reports that show the client,sometimes the issue and the amt paid.

L

I managed a couple of sales through Getty Contributor last month and the sales info was fully available. It would be nice if Alamy did the same as it would save a lot of querying the Sales Team for possible infringements.