Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for 'zooms sales ratio'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Alamy Forum guidelines and announcements
    • Forum guidelines
    • Announcements
  • Alamy discussion and community support
    • Introductions
    • Portfolio critique
    • Community support: ask the forum
    • Stock photography discussion and contributor experience
    • Alamy Quality Control and technical talk
    • Let's talk about pics
  • Suggestions and ideas
    • Alamy
    • The Forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Alamy URL


Images


Joined Alamy

  1. from jan 1 to now i have had 6 sales and 0 zooms in fact my ctr is 0 - yes 0.00 that cant bode well for me i guess but hopefully the sales keep coming
  2. I don't have enough sales and zooms to be statistically relevant, but for the sake of completeness, most of my sales (about one image per month for the last 3 years) have nerver been zoomed !
  3. My first sale.... only last year I wish I had started a lot sooner. Started submitting slowly in June 2012, and picked up pace since Feb this year (added 2000+ images since then). 18 Sales to date. Country: Worldwide Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, repeat use within a single issue Industry sector: Media, design & publishing Start: 23 August 2012 End: 23 August 2017 $ 30.51
  4. Don't do much number crunching due to lack of analytical understanding of the variables created by Alamy. Have currently noticed that many searches produce no zooms at all - but this is obviously in the phrases that produce views for me and my keywording is pretty tight. For what it is worth from January 1st I've had 137 sales from 366 zooms the previous six months produced 32 more sales from 10 more zooms. But as others say many zooms produce no sales and many sales result from no zooms - so I think I'll go and have a cup of tea.....
  5. Over the past year, 2.37 zooms to 1 sale, though not all of my sales seem to have been zoomed.
  6. The mystery of unzoomed sales turns up regularly in this forum, but it's not all that difficult to explain. Alamy tracks the views and zooms of only a subset of visitors to the site, presumably those who have demonstrated they're serious customers by actually licensing some images, so a sale may result from a customer who does not (yet) belong to this group. What's more, not all zooms, even by those in the elite subset, register as zooms: Someone in the old forum was able to establish that if a customer clicks on the "more" button to view more of your photos, subsequent zooms do not register (
  7. Personally, I've never found that zoom and CTR stats correlate very well with actual sales. However, my sales to zooms ratio for 2013 is not nearly as good as it was for the first six months of 2012.
  8. Have to agree that given the fact that non-zoomed images often sell and zoomed ones regularly don't, trying to work out the significance of zooms is a mysterious dark art which isn't going to solve itself anytime soon.
  9. That used to be my situation, Alex. In the past year I've been getting more zooms and they relate more to my sales. It is a puzzlement.
  10. I do not put a lot of importance on zooms as over the last year or so I have had quite a few zooms where mine was the only zoom for the given subject, yet no sales arose Also have had numerous zooms from the actual image ID code and still no sales Then you get a sale from nowhere for an image that has never been zoomed, ever!! Surely rank should be down to sales first as that is the most important thing to all of us. Regards Paul
  11. Country: Italy Usage: Editorial Media: Textbook - print only Industry sector: Retail books/magazines/newspapers Sub-Industry: Education and Test Guides Print run: up to 50,000 Placement: Inside Image Size: 1/4 page Start: 14 August 2004 End: 14 August 2007 $97.17 Over the next couple of years, my sales ranged from $65.82 (only one under $100) to $215. My two latest were distributor sales for $8.96 and $18.71.
  12. Here are my first two sales from 2005: Country: UK & Commonwealth excluding Canada Usage: Direct mail/Brochures Media: Corporate cards/Invites Industry sector: Financial Industry Sub-Industry: Investment Print run: up to 5,000 Image Size: 1 page Start: 14 March 2005 End: 14 March 2006 $ 400.09 Country: Worldwide Usage: Direct mail/Brochures Media: Promotional brochures/ Leaflets/Inserts Industry sector: Financial Industry Sub-Industry: Investment Print run: up to 2,500 Placement: Inside Image Size: 1 page Start: 21 April 2005 End: 21 April 2008 $ 1216.61 Lynne
  13. None of my zooms have been translated into sales and none of my sales have been zoomed.
  14. Yes, that's an interesting point. Only 30 percent of my sales this year have associated zooms. The other 70 percent have not registered a zoomed view. Even worse, none of the zooms I can look up in the stats have been bought so far... But, I didn't have too much sales yet either...
  15. Yes, that's an interesting point. Only 30 percent of my sales this year have associated zooms. The other 70 percent have not registered a zoomed view.
  16. A ratio of 5 zooms on 1 sale, but the sales don't match the zooms...
  17. Chuck, i think that last paragraph is a little harsh. There are some of us who work damn hard to produce work but don't necessarily have all the time in the world to compete with some of the top pros on here. Personally, as I sit writing this at my desk, I have a 3 week old baby screaming behind me; the missus has gone out for the morning and I can get knack all done. Do I work hard? You bet I do. But at the same time I try hard, and fail at times, to have family life too. Stock is my only source of income and this year has been the first where things have been on the up. I've had
  18. Just under 6 and about 70% of sales apparently zoomed within the year.
  19. Since you have used 1 January as the starting point I have done the same - mine are 1 sale for 3.2 zooms, however only 5% of the zoomed images have converted to sales, the rest don't appear to be ever have been zoomed - these are my favourites as they are a complete surprise when they appear in sales! Also I know of at least 10 sales from March onwards which have still not been reported yet so are not counted. I also did it from 1 June 2012 to today to see what difference there was over a longer period (that's as far as the stats allow) and it is 1 sale for 2.7 zooms during that period.
  20. OK, will join the game. Country: United Kingdom Usage: Editorial Media: Magazine - Print only Industry sector: Retail books/magazines/newspapers Sub-Industry: Miscellaneous Print run: up to 250,000 Placement: Inside Image Size: 1/8 page Start: 08 March 2005 End: 08 April 2005 $119.31 Scanned from 6x7 Velvia on Mamiya 7. Of the next 6 sales I made back then 4 were scanned from film and 3 of these were medium format.
  21. When I made my first sale! Nearly 12,000 images and several thousand sales later, We're still going strong! This was my first sale Country: Worldwide Usage: Non-Editorial Electronic and web uses Media: Web - editorial Industry sector: Non Profit/ Education Sub-Industry: School/College Placement: Secondary screen Image Size: up to 1/4 screen Start: 20 June 2003 End: 20 July 2003 $ 99.70 While that was a nice way to start, what really got my attention was my 5th sale a few weeks later Country: United States Usage: Consumer goods Media: Packaging - boxes and containers Industry sector: Cars/Com
  22. Over the last year mine is 3.1 We did this on the old forum. I think 3 or 4 was average. Of course the site changed quite a bit a few months back with the creative stuff and the default of 100 per page in searches so things are probably changing. For some reason I no longer seem to be getting any zooms - don't know about everyone else. Edit: since Jan 1st 3.3 - oddly slightly higher
  23. Just had a look at my year-to-date figure for sales v zooms. No convoluted scientific reasoning behind it, just curious and was wondering how others compare. Since January 1, I'm getting roughly one sale for every four zooms (total zooms divided by total sales). Anyone else getting anything similar? (Don't know whether one in four is particularly good or bad by the way).
  24. Yeah, had a few IQ sales and they were mainly for magazines, 1 issue but 2-5 years licence. I would imagine this covers them for printing back issue requests.
  25. Had three sales through IQ all.... Country: Worldwide Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, repeat use within a single issue Industry sector: Media, design & publishing Start: 12 February 2013 End: 12 February 2018 They were in Landscape magazine
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.