Jump to content

Phil Crean

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phil Crean

  1. Here it is: https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/111859.html Phil
  2. Can't get a header image to load.... Choose one and just get 3 loading dots for ages Anyone else experiencing this? Phil
  3. Two years ago today I landed in Havana and spent 3 weeks traveling in a small group(10 people). We set off to Baracoa stopping along the way in Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey,(one of my favorite places), Santiago, (too noisy and my least favorite place), Then flew back to Havana and went to Vinales, back to Havana and home. And everywhere there is a constant stream of photo opportunities. The country is still operating on technology from a half a century ago and changes are happening in the most haphazard ways. The people are the most well educated in the world and a delight to speak to. However tourism is their only way to get hard cash now so you will pay out for everything, including photo opportunities, but it is very cheap. We stayed in Casas particulares, their version of B&B, and were very well looked after, there are shortages of certain foods, but plenty of eggs! The music is fantastic, the range of transport is staggering and their inventiveness has even kept medieval machinery working(well it seems that old when you're from the wealthy first world!) Take care and have lots of fun! Phil
  4. Future improvements includes this: "Improvements to messaging throughout the AIM pages" Messaging who? Other contributors? Alamy? Aliens? Phil
  5. Phil Crean

    Personal use

    Thanks for the clarification guys! Phil
  6. Phil Crean

    Personal use

    The above contradicts what you told me on 12 Sept. 2018. Quote from email received from CR: "Hi Phil, Personal use isn’t a scheme you can opt out of, it’s a license type that you can restrict. If you apply any restriction, your images can’t be used in the distribution pool. This isn’t something we plan to change in the near future, but it doesn’t mean that it won’t be changed ever. Thanks Corin Alamy Contributor Relations" Can you confirm what is correct re PU and Distribution please? Phil
  7. https://www.instagram.com/creanphil/ Work and abstract stuff! Phil
  8. After the rain! Reporting on the reporters! Selling the news! Phil
  9. Happened to me twice recently that I got asked if I'd be happy to go exclusive on a particular image. Unfortunately looks like client didn't go with mine as I've heard no more and no sale recorded yet Phil
  10. Fun on the run! Archival schoolboy humour fun! Fun on the beach. Phil
  11. Check on here for Irish Passport, I recently renewed mine online and received the new one in less than a week, great service https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/ Phil
  12. This is another interesting read... Especially the last paragraph for you Edo Can I get Health Care In Spain? The Spanish National Healthcare Service is considered to be one of the best in Europe. Most statistics show the the equal of the UK NHS and in some cases better. Access to this service is freely available to EU citizens as long as you have taken the necessary steps to prove your entitlement to the Spanish authorities, which in the case of a retired person’s S1 document will include applying for a Green Residence registration certificate. The rules for getting state healthcare in Spain are different , the system is contribution based not residence based as in the UK. A European Health Card will entitle visitors to Spain to health service cover for holiday stays of up to 90 days at a time only. Once you have obtained all the necessary permits, you then have to register with your local GP to finalize the process., Most National health GPs in Tenerife DO NOT speak English and will require you to bring an interpreter. I can translate at this initial meeting and accompany you to any subsequent doctors or specialist appointments. You would be wise to bring any records of previous medical history with you. Prescriptions are NOT free even for Pensioners a small percentage contribution is payable for each item of medication. Ways of qualifying for permanent healthcare entitlement in Spain If you are registered to work in Spain and make national insurance contributions then you can get state-run health care on the same basis as a Spanish national. For further information, get in touch with your local TGSS office. If you registered as a resident in Spain before 24 April 2012, have an annual income of less than €100,000 and are not covered for healthcare though any other means, speak to your local INSS office to register for healthcare in Spain as a resident. If you are in receipt of a UK old age state pension or long term sickness benefit, obtain an S1 form from the International Pension Centre on +44 191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1 form with your local INSS office, before you register with your local GP surgery and obtain a medical card. If you are a worker seconded to Spain, or the family member of a someone making UK national insurance contributions, contact HMRC to see if you have entitlement to an S1 form. Once issued, register the S1 form with your local INSS office , before you register with your local GP surgery. If you are coming to study or are currently studying in Spain as part of a UK-recognised course, you may be entitled to healthcare paid for by the UK . Purchasing Public Health Insurance -If you are not covered for state-run healthcare through other means, the Spanish regional health authorities offer a special pay-in scheme (convenio especial). This is a public health insurance scheme available nation-wide where you pay a monthly fee to access state-run healthcare. The scheme is managed by each autonomous region. Policy holders, including children, pay on an individual basis for access to public healthcare, regardless of pre-existing conditions, anywhere in Spain. The basic monthly fee is 60€ for the under 65s and 157€ for those aged 65 and above. However, prescriptions are not subsidised at this rate so you would pay 100% of prescription costs. This form of cover doesn’t give holders the right to a Spanish EHIC so if youtravel elsewhere you will have to obtain private insurance. The scheme is available in the Canary Islands Phil
  13. Hi Edo, Yes I'm still an Irish citizen! No need to do anything different as with EU rules on free movement of people I can live and work anywhere within the EU without any kind of visa. Something my British friends may lose with the brexit fiasco. I have registered as a resident which is relatively easy despite the Spanish love for paperwork/stamps/bureaucracy! Here's a link to what is required, written in English by someone very knowledgeable on the matter. She refers to Tenerife, but similar situation applies anywhere in Spain: https://www.janetanscombe.com/a-quick-and-simple-paperwork-checklist Good luck whatever you decide Phil
  14. Not well, but I did spend a long weekend there. Beautiful old medieval town. Also lots of modern architecture a la Calatrava in the Ciudad de Artes y Ciencias. Very cultural. Old riverbed drained and made into a long meandering park. Close to amazing long sandy beaches. After my weekend I did think that I could happily live there! Nearby is the home of paella, paddyfields in Spain!!! Good transport links. I'd imagine it's quiet hot in summer, There's also the Fallas in March time, which I've not seen, an amazing traditional fiesta. Phil PS: Here's a link to the photos I made there: http://www.philcrean.com/valencia
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.