I had a sale last week for the low price of $75.73 for a world wide license for 5 years. The sale was refunded today and the same buyer purchased the same photo for $30.74 for a world wide 5 year license.

How can the buyer obtain a refund an than buy the same photo with the same conditions for a lower price of $30.74? Is this the price we can expect to be payed for a world wide 5 year license? 

s.gif Alamy ref Your ref Pseudonym

Date purchased / refunded Licence Details Amount  CXJM2G IMG1136 Aruba (05 August 2013) Rights Managed Sale Refunded $ -75.73

CXJM2G IMG1136 Aruba

05 August 2013 Rights Managed Country: Worldwide
Usage: Non-Editorial Electronic and web uses
Media: Corporate website, single design
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size

5 years multiple web use. $ 30.74 Total sales $-44.99

I had a sale last week for the low price of $75.73 for a world wide license for 5 years. The sale was refunded today and the same buyer purchased the same photo for $30.74 for a world wide 5 year license.

How can the buyer obtain a refund an than buy the same photo with the same conditions for a lower price of $30.74? Is this the price we can expect to be payed for a world wide 5 year license? 

Exactly the same thing happened with a friend on mine. Even the sales/refund figures are exactly similar. Just see :

31st July

Rights Managed

Start: 01 July 2013

End: 01 July 2016

5 years multiple web use incl. personal screensaver use

$75.73

5th August

Sale Refunded

-$75.73

5th August

Rights Managed

Start: 01 July 2013

End: 01 July 2016

5 years multiple web use.

$30.74

Total Sales

$-44.99

In both the cases even the date of 2nd purchase & refund is exactly the same (5th of August).

I wonder if the date of 1st purchase is same too (31st of July) ?? If it is, it may well be a malafide 'buy' and we should be in for more refunds !

Archived