Having had five decent $75 sales at the end of July they have all be refunded and replaced with $30 sales today. Anyone else had the same?

Yes I have but only one as I had only a single sale in the first place.  Very disappointing.

Pearl

Having had five decent $75 sales at the end of July they have all be refunded and replaced with $30 sales today. Anyone else had the same?

As I said in another thread: did you check the calculator for the original sales?

wim

Why not ask Alamy directly? I had a 50% refund in May from a sale made about ten months previously. I asked, and was told that they had decided not to use the image; it was unusual to allow a refund after such a long time (the payment had gone through last August), but it was a key customer.

Why not ask Alamy directly? I had a 50% refund in May from a sale made about ten months previously. I asked, and was told that they had decided not to use the image; it was unusual to allow a refund after such a long time (the payment had gone through last August), but it was a key customer.

I can understand the straight refunds to key customers. It's when an image gets refunded and then re-sold for half the price that I find puzzling. It seems like an odd way of doing business, but perhaps there is a good reason for it (?).

Two more refunds tonight, two $75.73 sales now down to $30.74 each. There must be a half off sale going on!

Same here. I just checked and four $75.73 sales have been refunded and re-sold for $30.74. I now have an $88 negative total for August, whatever that means.

On the plus side, a $33 sale popped up at the same time as the refunds. I guess $30 is the new $75.

Two more refunds tonight, two $75.73 sales now down to $30.74 each. There must be a half off sale going on!

Same here. I just checked and four $75.73 have been refunded and re-sold for $30.74. I now have an $88 negative total for August, whatever that means.

On the plus side, a $33 sale popped up at the same time as the refunds. I guess $30 is the new $75.

I had a $33 sale come in too.  I guess I should be happy that I just a few bucks north of being negative!

Same here. I just checked and four $75.73 have been refunded and re-sold for $30.74. I now have an $88 negative total for August, whatever that means.

I had a $33 sale come in too.  I guess I should be happy that I just a few bucks north of being negative!

Let's hope those $33 sales don't get re-posted at $16.50.

Let's hope those $33 sales don't get re-posted at $16.50.

I think I am laughing and crying at the same time!

I've had this type of think occur and I think it's strange. In my other business, if a customer requests a discount from one of the companies I represent after they've purchased an item, they may get one the next time they buy. But not a refund.

Archived