Would you BELIEVE it?

After all the hoha about restricting personal use on our images not allowing them to be licensed through distributors.

Today I have had two distributor sales pop up despite having PU restrictions on all my images.

Seems like Alamy may have overcome the problem, at least partially if not completely.

Allan

After all the hoha about restricting personal use on our images not allowing them to be licensed through distributors.

Today I have had two distributor sales pop up despite having PU restrictions on all my images.

Seems like Alamy may have overcome the problem, at least partially if not completely.

Allan

Allan it might just take a long time for images to be removed from distributors databases.  I doubt it happens instantly and many distributors take a while to report sales so these may have happened before or soon after you added the restrictions.

Pearl

Allan

Allan it might just take a long time for images to be removed from distributors databases.  I doubt it happens instantly and many distributors take a while to report sales so these may have happened before or soon after you added the restrictions.

Pearl

I did not know that Alamy were removing PU restricted images from distributor databases. I understood that there was an administration problem with these restrictions which Alamy were trying to overcome.

Allan

Allan

Pearl

I did not know that Alamy were removing PU restricted images from distributor databases. I understood that there was an administration problem with these restrictions which Alamy were trying to overcome.

Allan

Then you know more than me Allan.

Pearl

I put the question to Alamy Contributor Relations:

"In the Alamy contributors forum there have been opposite opinions expressed as to whether choosing to restrict Personal Use makes images ineligible for sales through distributors.

Is this the case? I have restricted most of mine, but if it means that they can't be licensed through distributors I would remove that restriction."

This was their reply:

"If your images are restricted for personal use they cannot be included in the distribution pool. If you would like to be included we would suggest you remove the restrictions."

In all probability, removal from distributor databases is similar to deleting an image from one's collection: it takes time.

Allan, did you see this post already? ;) It has been said in few other threads after that too.

I put the question to Alamy Contributor Relations:

"In the Alamy contributors forum there have been opposite opinions expressed as to whether choosing to restrict Personal Use makes images ineligible for sales through distributors.

Is this the case? I have restricted most of mine, but if it means that they can't be licensed through distributors I would remove that restriction."

This was their reply:

"If your images are restricted for personal use they cannot be included in the distribution pool. If you would like to be included we would suggest you remove the restrictions."

In all probability, removal from distributor databases is similar to deleting an image from one's collection: it takes time.

Thank you Arletta and DDoug.

Allan

Pearl

Allan

Then you know more than me Allan.

Pearl

Seems like I got it wrong again Pearl. :mellow:

Allan

Archived