Pictures disappearing?

Very strange. With 2231 images on sale, and all well in the Manage Images pane, this evening, my last 2-3 weeks' uploads, about 180 images, are not longer appearing in search results, either specific searches, or contributor name searches.  All had been fine until this evening.

Anyone know if there would any reason for this? I have had no notice from Alamy, and as I say, they are all there in the Manage Images pane. Slightly worrying, as it's a quite a bit of work as you know.

You're not alone- Quite a few of my most recent ones have vanished, and others have noticed similar problems too after todays rerank. See this thread http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/6554-re-rank/page-5

Hopefully its just a bug and they will come back in a day or so  :unsure:

Lizzy

OK ok, thanks, that's quite a relief, although slightly worrying that it should happen. I guess I can sleep tonight then.

(Do you know that your forum avatar says 577 images, but the link shows you have 1485?!!)

• 2 weeks later...

In Manage Images I am told that my images keyworded yesterday should be on sale, but they cannot be found in any other way than in Manage Images.

Normally when an update is missing the images are not shown to be on sale.

Could this be the old problem again?

I'll e-mail Alamy if they are not online tomorrow.

PS to the left under my image my number of images shows the correct number 2993 - but clicking there will only be 2991.

When you say they're showing as being on sale, do you mean they're in the "on sale" section in MI? That is odd as usually they move to that section after the database has been updated.

Yes, exactly what I also find odd. They don't usually  move to the "on sale" container if the reason is an awaiting update, and also that the number under my photo in the forum (left) shows the "on sale" container's number of images (2993), but clicking on this will only show  2991.

In Manage Images I am told that my images keyworded yesterday should be on sale, but they cannot be found in any other way than in Manage Images.

PS to the left under my image my number of images shows the correct number 2993 - but clicking there will only be 2991.

I've noticed the same thing occasionally. I keyworded some images yesterday and they can only be found in MI. It's happened before, and if I recall correctly, it happened on a Monday last time as well. I expect all will be well tomorrow. I find it's usually best to wait 72 hours for updates to the internet before deciding that something hasn't gone wrong.

Good Luck,

Ian

I've noticed the same thing occasionally. I keyworded some images yesterday and they can only be found in MI. It's happened before, and if I recall correctly, it happened on a Monday last time as well. I expect all will be well tomorrow. I find it's usually best to wait 72 hours for updates to the internet before deciding that something hasn't gone wrong.

Good Luck,

Ian

Thanks.

When you say they're showing as being on sale, do you mean they're in the "on sale" section in MI? That is odd as usually they move to that section after the database has been updated.

Yes, exactly what I also find odd. They don't usually  move to the "on sale" container if the reason is an awaiting update, and also that the number under my photo in the forum (left) shows the "on sale" container's number of images (2993), but clicking on this will only show  2991.

Same here. MI shows 0 not ready, all on sale, but my latest images keyworded yesterday cannot be found by a search.

I have a few images I keyworded at least 2 days ago, which MI tell me are on sale but they do not appear in searches.

I wont be doing anymore keywording till I see them in searches

Kumar

Archived