How was your November?

Started out well with one for $198 and another for the same image for $98 on the first of the month. Then two sales for $100 each on 22nd, , which were refunded the next day. No surprise there as I've already sold them to the same client last month. Possibly been billed twice for them. So not too bad. ;)

After my 'best month ever' sales of 21 in October, the only way was down!

True to form, I sold 8 last month. I was on for my worst month for 18 months but 5 sales on the 29th rescued my figures.

Revenue distinctly average at $171.

John.

Only very limited wailing and weeping this month, with 20 for $473, best for a while. No 3 fig sales though.

Included a photo of me that they liked so much they bought it twice. I need to increase my modelling fees.... ( refund expected any time soon).

40 for 1997 - both second best of the year.
Because the best one was June it might have something to do with reporting (6 months).
17 distributor sales pointing in that direction also.
4 upwards of 100.
1 refund followed by resale for the same 100.

Average 49,9 not too bad.

wim

November was pretty good.  Average number of sales, 15, and a little above average for prices, a gross of $1,019.  4 sales over $100! Average price per sale $68.

The best news for me was that November pushed sales and gross $$ over last year's total, stopping the 4 year slide of making AND selling less each year.  

I hope I can continue the line on the graph northwards!

11 sales for $597, including 3 refunds for sales in last month, then re-sold for a lesser fee. No three digit license for the second month in a roll. Good news, total gross is within striking distance (<$400) to reach last years' total.

Volume back up a bit - back to over one sale per thousand images per week, my long-term target. 

Revenue still low though - barely covers fixed expenses (insurance, Adobe subscription, etc). 

After record sales in October, I had none in November. :(

Not to worry, year on year trend is still very good. Images sold so far in 2016 is over 50% up on whole of 2015 and revenue 30% up. :)

So hopefully November was just a blip and not a sign of things to come! Although zooms were poor during the month too.

Archived