Not so many Alamy photos in the Mail?

• 4 weeks later...

The number of Alamy photo credits in various national newspapers seems to vary enormously. Do we know if there are any UK national newspapers that don't use Alamy or who do use Alamy but don't credit Alamy?

I get the impression that Alamy was once first choice for secondary editorial images in the Mail, although there was never a monopoly, whereas it appears to be choice of last resort for The Times daily paper. From the responses to "Have you found any Alamy images" I suspect that Alamy comes high in the pecking order for the Guardian.

Alamy isn't  a first choice live news agency, although our fellow togs seem to do well with UK weather pics etc, but for secondary editorial or general imagery it appears to offer an excellent selection.

Most papers do credit the agencies most of the time, although some generally fail to specify the photographers. I find that it's difficult to pin down the attribution within the Times as, often, they specify a number of agencies and/or photographers against a group of images, without making it clear who is responsible for what.

Archived