I have generally been a supporter of the open-style reporting from Alamy, even if getting sales refunded is disappointing.

Recently, however, it has become quite depressing, as many of my healthiest sales have been refunded - one resold at a lower price but the others all just gone.

Has anyone else seen an increase recently or have I just been really unlucky?

I can't say I've noticed an increase.  But then. I've only ever had three in my 140 sales.  One was obviously a mistake (image sold one month, re-invoiced the next with identical terms and promptly refunded); other two sold, refunded, resold within days.  Could it be that customers are reporting multiple images knowing that they can always get refunds on the ones they don't actually use and this is screwing with the Alamy reporting.

I can't say I've noticed an increase.  But then. I've only ever had three in my 140 sales.  One was obviously a mistake (image sold one month, re-invoiced the next with identical terms and promptly refunded); other two sold, refunded, resold within days.  Could it be that customers are reporting multiple images knowing that they can always get refunds on the ones they don't actually use and this is screwing with the Alamy reporting.

That's possible - last week I sold five to the same customer and three were refunded.

The others just vanished.

Archived