Time to vote for the March Challenge - Joy of Travel

wiskerke

March 2016 Challenge - the Joy of Travel  

50 members have voted

1. 1. votes for the most Joy of Travel:

• 1 - Ann - E1EDRK - Girl cheering from a 1955 Chevrolet Belair
    • 2 - Michael Ventura - AA8YCP - Woman's feet up, relaxing in a Hammock in the Bahamas
    • 3 - Colin Woods - BY2M3M - The Leader of the Opposition cheering at the summit of Kala Pattar in Nepal
    • 4 - Spark - FPXWGH - Stocking lingerie sticking seductively out of suitcase
    • 5 - John Mitchell - BHN2G4 - People ziplining and cheering during the 2020 Winter Olympic Games
    • 6 - Funkyworm - D3MNTA - Funky tourist cheering in the Drakensberg Mountains on my birthday
    • 7 - Bryan - F2R94H - Morris Dancing reaching it's peak in the deepest Yorkshire heartland.
    • 8 - Olivier Parent - EPP2H7 - Two girls cheering at Koh Phi Phi - Olivier Parent
    • 9 - Leader of the Opposition - C1HPAG - The Leader of the Opposition making fun of Colin with parrots in a forest in Australia

old-westbury-new-york-usa-01st-june-2014

1- Ann - E1EDRK - Girl cheering from a 1955 Chevrolet Belair

woman-s-feet-in-a-hammock-bahamas-AA8YCP

2 - Michael Ventura - AA8YCP - Woman's feet up, relaxing in a Hammock in the Bahamas

a-lady-trekker-celebrates-arriving-at-th

3 - Colin Woods - BY2M3M - The Leader of the Opposition cheering at the summit of Kala Pattar in Nepal

stocking-lingerie-sticking-out-of-suitca

4 - Spark - FPXWGH - Stocking lingerie sticking seductively out of suitcase

people-ziplining-over-robson-square-duri

5 - John Mitchell - BHN2G4 - People ziplining and cheering during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games

northern-drakensberg-south-africa-mont-a

6 - Funkyworm - D3MNTA - Funky tourist cheering in the Drakensberg Mountains on my birthday

morris-dancing-group-great-yorkshire-mor

7 - Bryan - F2R94H - Morris Dancing reaching it's peak in the deepest Yorkshire heartland.

two-girls-having-fun-at-maya-bay-koh-phi

8 - Olivier Parent - EPP2H7 - Two girls cheering at Koh Phi Phi - Olivier Parent

And one extra:

a-man-with-a-parrot-on-each-hand-and-one

9 - The Leader of the Opposition (who is not on Alamy - but she is) - C1HPAG - The Leader of the Opposition making fun of Colin with parrots in a forest in Australia

You have to decide if we can vote for someone who is not on Alamy. However, she actually is on Alamy of course.

edit:
Voting ends on Thursday April 07 at noon London time (because then we're all on the same day/date):
12:00 noon London
= LA 04:00 / 4:00 AM
= NYC 07:00 / 7:00 AM
= Amsterdam 13:00 1:00 PM
= Sydney 21:00 / 9:00 PM

As always the winner will start the new topic.

wim

The shortlist is here.

The supersize of the images is deliberate as the facial expressions can make all the difference.

Most of my favorites came early, but the end had some nice surprises.

But the biggest surprise for me was that it proved to be so difficult.

Or that you thought it was so difficult.

The overall quality was high, but maybe a little low on real emotion. I still wanted some different aspects as well. Pity that some of those NSFW images have not shown up. The emotional side of things of course is what makes Stockimo and the like so appealing. I mean real emotions, not the pretty girl laughing uncontrollably over a bowl of salad. We now know that there has to be at least a lot of flare in the image to suggest real emotion. ;-)

Somehow you all managed to escape that!

Pity the Chevy's not on the highway, luckily there's no Frangipani between the toes of the girl. Some of the older files could do with a more modern make-over with the shadow slider of Photoshop. And some would not make it through QC now because of dust bunnies the size of basketballs, oops! It's also a pity the London bus and some of the others were not close enough in the end.

So that's how the list came about plus:

I hope it's obvious why Colin's wife's image is in there: it makes fun of all of us grumpy forumites; it's a perfect way to get even; there's real emotion there too, maybe even a bit of joy. And if she wins, she'll probably give us a challenge we will  remember for quite a while ;-)

You can vote for her.

I'm off to a very rainy Italy.

Success! May the best win!

wim

I want that Chevvy !   ..... nice motor.

Good luck everyone.

When I was a child, our family car was a turquoise and ivory beauty from the Chevy tri-years, so I have a special place in my heart for those classics.

(To shift gears to present/future cars - my new blog post is about the current New York International Auto Show.)

Wim, thanks very much for including my ziplining image. BTW, it should be the 2010 (not 2020) Winter Olympic Games. I just corrected my captioning error.

A good thing then that I did not add something like back to the future ;-)

wim

I want that Chevvy !   ..... nice motor.

Good luck everyone.

When I was a child, our family car was a turquoise and ivory beauty from the Chevy tri-years, so I have a special place in my heart for those classics.

(To shift gears to present/future cars - my new blog post is about the current New York International Auto Show.)

There's something missing from all those and other new cars of today....... ...no chrome bumpers to polish !

Wim, thanks very much for including my ziplining image. BTW, it should be the 2010 (not 2020) Winter Olympic Games. I just corrected my captioning error.

A good thing then that I did not add something like back to the future ;-)

wim

Everyone will have known that anyway, 2020 is summer, not Winter Olympics (in Tokyo). ;)

This concludes the March challenge.

1 - Colin Woods - BY2M3M - The Leader of the Opposition cheering at the summit of Kala Pattar in Nepal (10 votes [20.41%])

and a worthy runner-up:

2 - Funkyworm - D3MNTA - Funky tourist cheering in the Drakensberg Mountains on my birthday (9 votes [18.37%])

Congratulations all!

The complete list:

1. Ann - E1EDRK - Girl cheering from a 1955 Chevrolet Belair (7 votes [14.29%])

2. Michael Ventura - AA8YCP - Woman's feet up, relaxing in a Hammock in the Bahamas (3 votes [6.12%])

3. Colin Woods - BY2M3M - The Leader of the Opposition cheering at the summit of Kala Pattar in Nepal (10 votes [20.41%])

4. Spark - FPXWGH - Stocking lingerie sticking seductively out of suitcase (4 votes [8.16%])

5. John Mitchell - BHN2G4 - People ziplining and cheering during the 2020 Winter Olympic Games (1 votes [2.04%])

6. Funkyworm - D3MNTA - Funky tourist cheering in the Drakensberg Mountains on my birthday (9 votes [18.37%])

7. Bryan - F2R94H - Morris Dancing reaching it's peak in the deepest Yorkshire heartland. (6 votes [12.24%])

8. Olivier Parent - EPP2H7 - Two girls cheering at Koh Phi Phi - Olivier Parent (7 votes [14.29%])

9. Leader of the Opposition - C1HPAG - The Leader of the Opposition making fun of Colin with parrots in a forest in Australia (2 votes [4.08%])

A strong field! The hammock and the lingerie lagged a bit behind unfortunately. The same for the zip lines. My guess was that they were all possible winners though. Including #9 ;-)

Colin can set the next challenge.

Let's hope it's not something with birds on heads.

Thank you all for participating and for voting. Congratulations all!

wim

(from a warm Florence, where we will have a thunderstorm this evening)

Archived