Where are my zooms?

One  from the quiz department again:

When I go to Your Images none of my images from 3 pseudos sold in November was marked as zoomed.

That is weird, but not impossible.

So I went back to see how long this has been going on.

Since January 12th 2014.

I am sure I have seen sales that have been zoomed after that.

And if I set the date from the drop down calendar before January 11th 2014 they look quite ok. Maybe not completely, there is quite a difference between the 10 and the 11th, but again not impossible.

Are more people seeing this?

Same dates?

wim

Checking over the zoomed images is a daily habit, but when I see a presentable image which I know has little competition, I'm still not overconfident it is going to turn up as a sale. I've not taken the trouble to really do the stats, but I would take a guess that over 75% of my sales have never been zoomed.

Robert

Checking over the zoomed images is a daily habit, but when I see a presentable image which I know has little competition, I'm still not overconfident it is going to turn up as a sale. I've not taken the trouble to really do the stats, but I would take a guess that over 75% of my sales have never been zoomed.

Robert

Robert, when you go back to Jan 1st in Your Images from the dashboard or direct, do any of your sales have been zoomed?

Now if you set the date to January 12th, do you see any difference?

wim

Same here. Sales thumbs dont show that the images are zoomed. Zoomed thumbs do show that the image has sold.

Good thinking, I had just done the same cross check. Same here.

Yesterday's or Monday's 1 zoom & sale just did show up. None of the others.

Tech team are looking into it, but have not seen anomalies so far. After that I have just send some links.

Let's hope it's some temporary glitch. Worrying was that this morning it had eaten up two more days of zooms.

wim

Wim

When I set Jan 1st 2014 to Dec I see 284 reported Zooms

Jan 12th to      Dec I see 278 reported zooms

Jan 15th to      Dec I see 275 reported zooms

nothing strange there as far as I can see but I'm not used to asking to check that long a period. Set normally to the last 30 days it shows 27 zooms which is a bit low.

Robert

Wim

When I set Jan 1st 2014 to Dec I see 284 reported Zooms

Jan 12th to      Dec I see 278 reported zooms

Jan 15th to      Dec I see 275 reported zooms

nothing strange there as far as I can see but I'm not used to asking to check that long a period. Set normally to the last 30 days it shows 27 zooms which is a bit low.

Robert

Robert,

When you look at your thumbnails on the sales page, do you see the zooms reported underneath the sales, with a nice blue border around it?

wim

Wim

I never see blue borders on sales pages, but if I'm looking at zooms, rather than looking at the thumbnails, if I select the search term presented it will show me a big blue border on the image actually zoomed. For instance I have ten pix of Mounties and one of them was zoomed recently so the zoomed image shows first with a big blue border followed by the other nine without borders which the searcher wasn't interested in I guess. (there are a LOT of pictures of Mounties!)

Robert

I have managed to get into my 2nd pseudo, which has fewer sales, and it looks like just over 50% of the sold thumbs have been zoomed if I go back to 1st December.  This doesn't take into account the number of zooms or sales though as some have had more than one zoom and/or sale. However if I go back only to 12th January only one sold image shows as having been zoomed.

Pearl

I'm getting the same results as you, Wim.  I have only used the dates you have given (1st Jan/12th Jan) to compare results, but yes, since 12th Jan, sales are not showing as having been zoomed.

Same here. Sales thumbs don't show that the images are zoomed. Zoomed thumbs do show that the image has sold.

Also the same for me.

Tech team seems to have seen it too, now.

There's no zoom lost, when you view the zooms page, all sales are there with the zooms.

Just no zooms with your sales.

The numbers are all there and correct as far as I can see.

It's just very strange behavior.

wim

• 2 weeks later...

When I go into 'pseudonym summary' through 'Alamy measures', 'your images' under 'your zooms' I have 36, but when I click on that figure I have 37 images shown with blue boxes round them. Go figure as our American cousins would say!

John.

I should have marked this as solved. I think I did in another thread.

Everything has returned to normal (for me) last week, after Tech had solved the original problem.

The discrepancy between the Dashboard and the actual figures seems to occur from time to time. There also have been reports here and there of slight hiccups with the database not updating completely overnight. All suggests a lot of work / maintenance going on.

wim

I should have marked this as solved. I think I did in another thread.

Everything has returned to normal (for me) last week, after Tech had solved the original problem.

The discrepancy between the Dashboard and the actual figures seems to occur from time to time. There also have been reports here and there of slight hiccups with the database not updating completely overnight. All suggests a lot of work / maintenance going on.

wim

+1

Very likely.  A lot of recent issues may well be caused by intermittent disruption/testing of new systems which we have already been told are likely to come live soon (New Year?)

Archived