What would you like to see in the new manage images / upload process?

We're starting to work on something we've wanted to do for a while now: improving the upload and keywording process.

Although our turnaround times for image processing are one of the quickest in the business, it's clear that our upload tool and keyword management areas of the site could be far more user friendly.

We're looking at vastly streamlining the whole process to make keywording and uploading more elegant and efficient which should make submitting images to us a far more enjoyable experience.

So what would you want to see changed / bought in? We're already sold on the idea of removing the flash element of manage images, and we have plenty of other exciting ideas up our sleeves for how we think things could be made better, but we're looking for your top 3 things you'd like to see improved.

Every idea will be read and considered. 

Cheers

Alamy

1) Batch append keywords in Manage Images

2) Plug-in for Photoshop to enable keywording in Alamy's different KW fields

3) Ability to delete a submission prior to QC

Ian D

1) Larger thumbnails, they are tiny on my monitor,

2) I would like to set the defaults, ie I will never upload an illustration so I would set the default to photograph.

3) drag to sort images into groups

Thanks for asking, looking forward to what you come up with.

1) Import standardized IPTC fields of course! Including: Location (easy) and Keywords (no moving keywords around after upload!)

2) Batch add/remove keywords

3) Ability to UNDO (ctrl+z) accidental changes/deletions

Yes, just normal practice in other words. I vote for those three but make the batch add/remove also support Append.

I find it frustrating that whilst keywording it is difficult to find background people or small relevent aspects within the image. This wastes considerable time going back to the original image in an editor.

May I suggest incorporating a loupe into manage images that is similar to the one in PS. This is nice and quick and would considerably speed up the process of keywording, particularly on a small screen laptop for example.

Furthermore, this would also help reduce mistakes in 'how many people' and 'property' etc.

Thanks for the question.

Andy

As said before but agree with, 

1/ Remove flash- to support key wording on an ipad

2/ Larger size image when key wording

3/ I would like to set the defaults, ie I will never upload an illustration so I would set the default to photograph - same here

Thank you

Larger size images and thumbnail displays when key wording

Option to have all fields, ie description, keywords, location, licence etc on one screen rather than flicking through the different sections

Option to turn off questions that do not apply ie Is this a photograph? Has this image been digitally altered? (maybe not the exact words)

Headline box could do with a few more character spaces

Remove flash please please

also enable delet images after upload but before QC for when the dimmer of us upload the wrong image and know it too late

while were on it can you make it easier to delet images that are on sale

Manage images: Larger thumbnails, no flash, just one keyword box and one description box.

Upload: Have really sloooow rural 'broadband' - ftp would be so much easier.

Also on the upload batches awaiting QC would be nice to see what files are in the batch (I can never remember where I got to)

Thanks for all the responses so far!

As mentioned in our first post, we're already on board with removing flash so no need to suggest that, we're after new ideas so we can gather everything up and see what's possible. 

Keep them coming!

Alamy

1; Prefer larger thumbnails or, as AndyMelbourne suggested, a loupe to view images for no. of people etc.

2: ability to append one or more keywords to a batch without deleting/altering the existing keywords

3; standardising keyword entry with IPTC fields

John.

I second above suggestions, plus please import date from EXIF file instead of defaulting to today's date (minor, but it's a nuisance to change each one).

Thanks for asking, look forward to the changes.

1; Prefer larger thumbnails or, as AndyMelbourne suggested, a loupe to view images for no. of people etc.

The only way to be certain about number of people is to view at 100%. Are you suggesting that MI should provide that?

I always check mine at 100% during keywording etc. I've often found a head lurking at the back somewhere that would not have been visible at a smaller size.

Alan

Larger images for keywording would be helpful

More characters in essential keywords (probably not possible, and loads of work to add words to existing images)

How about "Editorial Royalty Free" for images with unreleased models/property which could be brought for unlimited repeat usage in newspapers/magazines, for undiscounted RF rates

The only way to be certain about number of people is to view at 100%. Are you suggesting that MI should provide that?

I always check mine at 100% during keywording etc. I've often found a head lurking at the back somewhere that would not have been visible at a smaller size.

Alan

If MI could provide 100% sized images, great, if not an 100% sized loupe might be even better.

John.

If I have a variety of subjects in manage images I don't want to "select all" and drop them into batch for editing.  But I do want to

select all the ones which will require similar keywords.  So I don't want to have to select and drop them one by one into a group for

batch editing. I want to select the group and then drop it.  I don't think I can do this at present and it is frustrating when there are

a lot of images to shift.

Thank you,

Kathy deWitt

Archived