More changes in the zooms..

Has this been there before? At the bottom of the zoom...images by....Same photographer.. and sometimes...Similar stock photos. Which images show up seems to depend on what images I have been zooming on just before. Or many times it is the last images I uploaded. Must stop experimenting!!! Anyone else learning about this?

Paulette

Edit: I love it that anyone zooming on one of my images is seeing other examples.

Whether this feature is new or old, it needs some work. I just zoomed on a couple of topics, and in many cases, all or most of the "Similar stock photos" are by the same photographer as the original zoom, even though there are plenty of images available from other photographers.

And now I'm wondering if they're counting the subsequent zooms on "Similar.." or "Same..".

Whether this feature is new or old, it needs some work. I just zoomed on a couple of topics, and in many cases, all or most of the "Similar stock photos" are by the same photographer as the original zoom, even though there are plenty of images available from other photographers.

And now I'm wondering if they're counting the subsequent zooms on "Similar.." or "Same..".

I think the point is that if you zoom an image the other images shown are by that photographer with the same keywords that you searched. Positive addition as if you like the style of the photographer it will show other alternatives. All the photos that match your search criteria by all photographers are shown on the first search page.

I think the point is that if you zoom an image the other images shown are by that photographer with the same keywords that you searched. Positive addition as if you like the style of the photographer it will show other alternatives. All the photos that match your search criteria by all photographers are shown on the first search page.

I've tried that. The keyword just brought up the usual search, not my images.

Did a search for "flyboarding" and clicked on one of my images.

This is the zoom I got (or most of it that would fit on my screen)'

Although their are two choices, for similar and same photographer, all of them are just my photos, even under similar.

zooms.jpg

I assumed that "Same Photographer" would show other images for the same keywords from the same photographer, and that "Similar Stock Photos" would show other images for the same keywords from other photographers.

Why would it be otherwise? If they're all supposed to be from the same photographer, why have two headings?

From my limited amount of testing it seems that "similar stock photos" tries to find matches to that image which may or may not be by the same tog whereas "same photographer" matches images with the same search term by that photographer, if that makes sense.

Correction, "similar stock photos" do seem to be by the same tog as well but with a more exact match to the original image.

Pearl

Sometimes there is only "Similar..." or only "Same...". Or neither.

"Similar..." might be trying to match on more of the keywords in the originally zoomed image.

But they all seem to be from the originally zoomed photographer.

I'm done with researching this, will await official word from Alamy.

Just noticed another wonderful feature.  A little blue clickable "View all" appears after Same photographer and takes me to all of my images with that keyword. Better and better.

Paulette

I was getting some skewed results initially because I was searching within my own images. Now I see that it is the search term used that determines which images show up below. Such an excellent thing. We always had "more by this photographer" under the thumbnail but this shows some of our other images with no extra action by the buyer. I love it.

Paulette

Oops, did not see this topic before and have just had my knuckles rapped by those at the top for starting a new thread!

I just wanted to say that I think it is a great improvement, would have been nice if they had told us about it like they used to on the old forum/blog, not being a twitterer myself ! ;)

Has this been there before? At the bottom of the zoom...images by....Same photographer.. and sometimes...Similar stock photos. Which images show up seems to depend on what images I have been zooming on just before. Or many times it is the last images I uploaded. Must stop experimenting!!! Anyone else learning about this?

Paulette

Edit: I love it that anyone zooming on one of my images is seeing other examples.

I just noticed this with my STOCKIMO images but not with my other imates. Maybe Alamy is still rolling it out?

I just looked at yours and clicked E5P3HK because I saw there were two of them and I did get the other at the bottom of the page. Didn't check further but maybe it has to do with not always having the same keywords.

Paulette

Edit: Checked a few more and I am seeing them. You don't put up a lot of similars (good for you) so there won't be very many but they are of the same subject. 

Paulette

I just noticed this with my STOCKIMO images but not with my other imates. Maybe Alamy is still rolling it out?

I just checked again by searching..Animal Washington Square. I know you have the HAWKS!!! So jealous. If you click one of your images the others of animals in Washington Square will show. I've noticed that Stockimo images always seem to have Stockimo in the keywords. Does that happen automatically or do they tell you to do it? Anyway, it is the keywords used to search that determine whether more images of yours will show up in the zoom.

Paulette

No I haven't used Stockimo as a keyword. Either it's automatic or somebody is very busy checking and updating Stockimo keywords.

The similar images seem to only appear when you do a general search. I think my mistake was that I was searching my own images from the My Alamy link. When you search images by a single contributor the additional images don't seem to come up at the bottom... which of course makes sense.

Archived