Keywording - larger/zoom image (merged topic)

Lynne

When keywording, I would love to see a larger image or a magnifying glass that you can run over the selected image or images (like online clothes shopping to be able to see the smaller details). This would help greatly particularly for accuracy when identifying the number of people in an image. Also for identifying important words within images for example a street/boat/shop name or a sign which may be significant or you want to ensure the spelling is correct, even if you have to go on and also incorrectly spell it for researchers! I often have to pull up the original image in the middle of keywording to see the finer details which is a pain! Am I alone in this?

Thanks Malcolm for your reply, I've been using the Alamy keyword option since 2004!! I don't like keywording and also knowing I have to search for and open up the original maybe contributes to why I always have in excess of 200 sitting waiting to be keyworded!  I'll have a look into doing it in Photoshop before uploading. No other responses so it's obviously not an issue for most people, maybe more keyword through photoshop than I realised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am struggling to check out detail in these pics given the size they are. This is challenging when I come to answer questions such as How many people!!

Can this NOT be made larger? Yes, I know we can go back to the source image but this really is clunky, and when the pic is already infront of us it really would be so much easier if you could enlarge it?

Nick J

I doubt that this will happen as it would require a lot of new programming to implement and I imagine that it would be very expensive for Alamy to do so. As things stand we are just seeing thumbnails, not the high-res versions, in Manage Images. For it to be any real use - ability to see very small parts of images to be sure the specs are people for example - they would have to re-design the whole interface so as to connect with the high-res versions. I don't think this is likely to be a priority for Alamy. It's easy enough to have Lightroom or the like open on your machine when keywording and do the check locally.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived