Export to Excel from pseudonym summary

This does not work when trying to export to Macs native "Numbers".

Is there a way to overcome this or do I need to load Excel for Mac?

Allan

Thanks for input.

When in 'measures' under 'pseudonym summary' there is a green 'export to excel' tag which when clicked on is supposed to download the summary to an excel sheet. However when this is opened in 'Numbers' it is just a jumble of characters.

Will look at 'open office'/'libre office'

Thanks

Allan

When in 'measures' under 'pseudonym summary' there is a green 'export to excel' tag which when clicked on is supposed to download the summary to an excel sheet. However when this is opened in 'Numbers' it is just a jumble of characters.

Ah, never saw that!

Just checked though, and formatting is jumbled in Numbers- Opens fine in LibreOffice so that would seem to be the workaround. Free download here: http://www.libreoffice.org/download

Once it's opened in LibreOffice, you can re-save the file to use in Numbers if necessary. I think the Alamy export must just have a small bug, as the file works fine after a re-save with no additional adjustments...

-Jason

Thanks for looking into that Jason. I will look at libreoffice now.

I think I will also contact member services to see if Alamy can amend the existing download to cover both platforms or maybe introduce another alongside for Mac users.

Allan

Archived