Today's Alamy homepage image and QC

Just seen today's Alamy home page with two horses close up............ I like it....made me smile

But I have obviously not fully grasped the QC policy.  The image has flare, is mainly out of focus (yes the eyes are sharp) - horse breath condensed on the lens. I deleted a similar pic I took only last week! I would never dare to upload a similar image for fear of failing QC

Anyone else the same as me or am I just too conservative?!

Flare is fine, it's a part of the flickr aesthetic that entered into commercial work a number of years ago. Same for the rest of the image....

Just seen today's Alamy home page with two horses close up............ I like it....made me smile

But I have obviously not fully grasped the QC policy.  The image has flare, is mainly out of focus (yes the eyes are sharp) - horse breath condensed on the lens. I deleted a similar pic I took only last week! I would never dare to upload a similar image for fear of failing QC

Way too conservative :-). Which particular aspect of the pic would prevent you from uploading similar?

dd

I feel the same way, if that's any consolation. Guess I now have a bad case of QC paranoia. How are you able to see the eyes?

I feel the same way, if that's any consolation. Guess I now have a bad case of QC paranoia. How are you able to see the eyes?

They might be under the search bar on your screen, They're pretty near on mine.

Thanks, if I switch to full screen, I can now see one horsey eye peeking out below the Alamy search box. Still, after doing some hard time in the "sin bin" this year, I wouldn't have been brave enough to submit that photo. Shall have to wait until my shrink says it's OK to start being more daring. ;)

Thanks, if I switch to full screen, I can now see one horsey eye peeking out below the Alamy search box. Still, after doing some hard time in the "sin bin" this year, I wouldn't have been brave enough to submit that photo. Shall have to wait until my shrink says it's OK to start being more daring. ;)

If you click on the "i" (info button) at bottom right it shows the Alamy image ref is CF2PRK, which you can then search for and see the full image including those eyes

If you click on the "i" (info button) at bottom right it shows the Alamy image ref is CF2PRK, which you can then search for and see the full image including those eyes

Thanks, I found the image (and those eyes) after a little horsing around with the buttons. I see now that there is an area of sharpness in the image. Still, I would have been wary.

It is a wonderful image.

The out of focus noses give a 3D in-your-face effect to the horses. The flare means they are lurching at you to the point that they are almost blocking out the sun. I worry about getting bit or licked by the horses, so the image attracts my attention.

In this case, so called bad technique adds to the image. Most of the time it detracts. QC knows the difference.

I thought it a splendid picture, but not one that I would have thought of taking let alone submitting - so I learnt something here!

Interestingly, his Essential Keywords do not include "horse" or "horses" which I would certainly have had in there.

I thought it a splendid picture, but not one that I would have thought of taking let alone submitting - so I learnt something here!

Interestingly, his Essential Keywords do not include "horse" or "horses" which I would certainly have had in there.

Yes, also surprised that horse isn't in the essential keywords, but not so important words like February are.

Really catchy image though.

Archived