Editorial caption

Hello everyone!

I was wondering myself. I have couple of editorial shots where you can not recognize the place of shooting.

For example:

A man with a Nike t-shirt calling with a I-Phone where the shape has trademark issue. This image will be only usable for editorial. Now my question. How would you put the caption? The background are just some trees that could be everywhere taken. So is it better to put a general caption like "Young man using a I-Phone" or would you advice to put anyway also the country and date in the caption?

I would think it is better to not add it because it looks anyway a general image and maybe the change of sale is higher when i keep it as a general.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Mirco

Hello everyone!

I was wondering myself. I have couple of editorial shots where you can not recognize the place of shooting.

For example:

A man with a Nike t-shirt calling with a I-Phone where the shape has trademark issue. This image will be only usable for editorial. Now my question. How would you put the caption? The background are just some trees that could be everywhere taken. So is it better to put a general caption like "Young man using a I-Phone" or would you advice to put anyway also the country and date in the caption?

I would think it is better to not add it because it looks anyway a general image and maybe the change of sale is higher when i keep it as a general.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Mirco

I wouldn't put the country in that case . . . anyone searching for the country would, in this case, get an image that has absolutely no feature linking it to any country, so it will be just one more "dead" search result. Unless there is something in an image that is an identifiable link to a particular country or city or town etc, or is significant when related to any particular country etc., I don't put the location anywhere, to avoid that image coming up as a non-related search result. For example, a tiny daisy blooming in Fukushima makes the inclusion of location particularly important (so I would definitely add location), whereas a tiny daisy blooming in Perth or Sydney or Melbourne is . . . well, just a tiny daisy blooming (and I would defnitely NOT include location).

OWV of course.

dd

Archived