Moiré -- I left it in

Oh, thanks a lot! And the moire is visible.

That is the original Paramount Theater that now houses the Hard Rock Cafe. I had a weekly spot on BBC Radio Oxford in the '80s and did a memoir called First Show at the Paramount about skipping school and going there to hear the singers and big bands of the day.

I hope you ate some Sligo lobster when you were there. It's even better than our famous Maine lobster. 

Oh, thanks a lot! And the moire is visible.

That is the original Paramount Theater that now houses the Hard Rock Cafe. I had a weekly spot on BBC Radio Oxford in the '80s and did a memoir called First Show at the Paramount about skipping school and going there to hear the singers and big bands of the day.

I hope you ate some Sligo lobster when you were there. It's even better than our famous Maine lobster. 

Afraid I didn't sample the seafood - I'm vegetarian - a real one since the mid-70s. But there is a very good Indian restaurant called Poppadom in Sligo which we ended up in on more than one occasion. One of the ways in which Ireland has changed for the better since I left - multiculturalism has arrived - Indian and Italian resaturants even in many small towns.

Better not stray too far off topic so will ask you about Radio Oxford again.

Archived