pseudonym: one or many ???

A little discussed topic (or maybe I missed it).
I have little experience and I ask those who have been collaborating with Alamy for many years, what importance it is to have more pseudonyms.
I ask that influence has the pseudonym in the sale of the photos.
Currently I have only one ... help me understand! Thank you!!!
lorenza, by Italy 
:)

Not sure that it makes much odds re ranking etc, but it may be useful to choose a name that might be attractive (or not unattractive!) to buyers in a particular marketplace. I only have three, one of which is a dump for deleted images.

I have a separate one for my archive scans. It has a much higher CTR than my stock port so it probably helps those images in search. But it's barely 2% of my images, and of course fixed. I can't nip back to 1979 to get a few more.

I used just one for 10 years, then in January I put my film scans in a separate one. That one has a higher CTR sometimes, with about one quarter of my images in it. My CTR and volume of sales is the best ever, revenue good as well and maybe on track for my best year. I suspect that has more to do with the economy in general than splitting my images into separate pseudonyms. 

I had a bunch of files (similars...too dark and redone, etc)  to delete and they won't disappear for awhile, so I moved all the ones I am keeping to a new pseudonym. We will see what happens to my placement now.

Had one pseudo for sometime.

Tried putting poor performing images in second pseudo thus giving original pseudo chance to gain ground.B)

Does not seem to be working though.:angry:

May amalgamate then into one again in near future.:blink:

Allan

I have three pseudos, mainly for organizational purposes -- "travel" images in one, general subjects in another, and a third pseudo for more "artsy" design images (backgrounds and the like).

Be careful with the names that you choose if you decide to create pseudos. I have one that I don't like, and I'm now more or less stuck with it.

I have about a dozen ... sad, I know.

However, I have two main pseudos for general images.

Then I have another three for general images ... sad, I know.

Then I have three for fashion images.

One for arts images.

Two for mainly images from Germany. 

One for theatre stock.

And one for stuff I didn't really like. Even more sad. 

13 hours ago, lorenza said:

A little discussed topic (or maybe I missed it).
I have little experience and I ask those who have been collaborating with Alamy for many years, what importance it is to have more pseudonyms.
I ask that influence has the pseudonym in the sale of the photos.
Currently I have only one ... help me understand! Thank you!!!
lorenza, by Italy 
:)

Lorenza, i'm from Italy and my name is Lorenzo :)

About pseudos at the moment i've 4 , following some great advices given on this great forum.

1) Zoomed and Sold images (meant to be the Top Performer in terms of CTR)

2) Interesting Topics (meant to have all the pictures belonging to a topic which is somehow zoomed or sold)

3) Edited (meant to contain all keywords/caption optimized pictures)

4) RAW (meant to have low performing and un-edited pictures in terms of keywording/captions/other relevant infos)

My zooms and sales increased since i started these 4 pseudos (1 month)

20 minutes ago, Martin B said:

It's pretty easy to change or delete pseudonyms now. 

But if you delete a pseudonym, you're also deleting it's history.

I once found out when I wanted to change from wim wiskerke to Wim Wiskerke.  And could not go back to any history except in the Net revenue sales report.

So if you create a new one I would keep the old one.

But if you just want to change the case like wim to Wim you're out of luck, because the system only allows you to do that when you delete the old one.

wim

2 hours ago, Martin B said:

It's pretty easy to change or delete pseudonyms now. 

It`s easy to delete or create a new pseudo, but you can`t just change the name of a existing pseudo AFAIK.

Also, see wim`s post above. There are consequences to fiddling.

Thanks to all of you for your intervention! I always have little time to be here, but when I can read the various topics, less uncertainty. You are kind and available, always! Thank you!

As I told you I have only one, I started with "lorenza photography" and all my images are there. Now I do not know how to split into other pseudonyms, I should take pictures in hand. However, reading your experiences, it could have an influence on sales or not, who knows!
Thank you!!! Good day to all .. here in Italy it's early morning ... Saturday and do not work:D

11 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Ok, but why use a pseudonym as a opposed to your real name to begin with? I can see certain cases where you would not want your real name associated with you stock, or secondary images. But if that is not the case, why not just use your real name?

15 hours ago, Martin B said:

Ok, but why use a pseudonym as a opposed to your real name to begin with? I can see certain cases where you would not want your real name associated with you stock, or secondary images. But if that is not the case, why not just use your real name?

Good question. I originally wanted to keep certain images under my own name because I seemed to have a number of repeat buyers on Alamy. It was a bit like establishing a "brand" (although I dislike that expression). My situation has changed quite a bit during recent years, so I probably could just use my own name now. Perhaps I shall at some point.

P.S. Also, a while back I started experimenting with submitting different types of images to Alamy -- ones that typically don't do well editorially -- and I thought it would be a good idea to put them into a pseudo that better reflected their content, in this case "design". I've made a few sales of these images, but I don't know how much having a separate pseudo for them has contributed to that.

15 hours ago, lorenza said:

Thanks to all of you for your intervention! I always have little time to be here, but when I can read the various topics, less uncertainty. You are kind and available, always! Thank you!

As I told you I have only one, I started with "lorenza photography" and all my images are there. Now I do not know how to split into other pseudonyms, I should take pictures in hand. However, reading your experiences, it could have an influence on sales or not, who knows!
Thank you!!! Good day to all .. here in Italy it's early morning ... Saturday and do not work:D

You create a new pseudo 

when you look at your images approved and ready to place on sale in AIM, if you click your name (I believe in right top corner) you should see both of your pseudos, the old and the new.

choose the pseudo you want that image assigned to and save

Old images is just a matter of selecting one or multiple images and assigning the new pseudo to it (them)

For instance, you might want to leave your people/lifestyle in the old, but separate your travel/scenic to the new pseudo. You just select the travel images, change the pseudo in the drop down and save.

Easy-peasy 

Betty

Archived