Hello fellow Alamysts

klod

Greetings,

I joined a few weeks ago, from Canada.  I look forward to a long and prosper time on Alamy.  I started to build my portfolio and thought I should take a break from keywords to introduce myself.  My interests in photography include architecture-particularly skyscrapers and mirror buildings and gargoyles, animals-dogs in motion and street photography and reflections. All that shines attracts my lens. And as I love to say, after the rain, everything shines and its my favorite time to hit the streets with my camera, along with my assistant Shiba, the most beautiful dog in the entire world. I also do digital art that looks like its straight out of the 70s -when progressive rock came  about.  I love to socialize on forums to discuss photography, technology and editing techniques.  -My favorite platform is Twitter @claude_klod  I look forward to getting to know you all and discover your styles and see your beautiful photos.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Alamania land.

You have some really nice photos here and you should do well. That Roadrunner photo reminds me of my first car, the '71 Roadrunner. I had it for 29 years and I still miss it to this day!

Rick

Welcome and good luck.

You need to add more information to your captions if you want to make sales. Captions like "dog," "river", "lighthouse," etc. might work on microstock agencies but not here. Alamy is primarily an editorial agency, so you need descriptive captions with locations. Also M7YP9B doesn't look like a black sheep to me.

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Welcome and good luck.

You need to add more information to your captions if you want to make sales. Captions like "dog," "river", "lighthouse," etc. might work on microstock agencies but not here. Alamy is primarily an editorial agency, so you need descriptive captions with locations. Also M7YP9B doesn't look like a black sheep to me.

yup, tall building...but where? these guys are extremely helpful to us newbies and they know what works. And welcome! :D

7 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Welcome and good luck.

7 hours ago, MandyD said:

yup, tall building...but where? these guys are extremely helpful to us newbies and they know what works. And welcome! :D

Thanks John and MandyD, indeed tags and caption and I will spend the required time to add punchy and precise info. That's the most time consuming part of the process for me.  I will purchase a few extra batteries and start using the GPS in my camera as I cannot remember some of the the locations and have to dig to find the info. Although when its on, the battery drains within a few hours, at this point its worth the investment.   I started checking the tags and captions of photos that come up at the top of searches (was hoping to speed up tagging by using cut and paste-does not work) Maybe with the info from the GPS using one of the tagging tool will yield better results.   Seems to me the bigger the portfolio the higher the results and sales likely play a big role. I like the fact that Alamy provides detailed information on number or views, clicks and all. That's very useful to understand what sells and what buyers look for.    And feedback from those on this site is even more precious.  Cheers

Welcome to the forums!

Pretty much as the others have said - though one other thing -  you've added your name and pseudonym as tags to some pictures (beautiful dog). Remove these, irrelevant tags will do far more harm than good.
Keep your tags to what you can see in the image, or what the image implies.

:)

Tony

On 3/18/2018 at 03:48, TeeCee said:

Welcome to the forums!

Pretty much as the others have said - though one other thing -  you've added your name and pseudonym as tags to some pictures (beautiful dog). Remove these, irrelevant tags will do far more harm than good.
Keep your tags to what you can see in the image, or what the image implies.

:)

Tony

Thank you Tony,  I started to add my name and pseudo in tags as I am having difficulties to get a full listing of all my images I get different numbers depending how I query.  -The use of pseudos eludes me a bit still,  will explore the documentation.

Yes, tagging is a pain and  I am still learning the interface here.  I tagged batches of photos simultaneously with sometimes poor results.  I started to add my name to tags to optimize searches, as mentioned to Tony, I do not seem to be able to get a complete list of all my pics.  Results vary depending on how I do the query. I know it takes a few days for new pictures to be in the indexes.  But I tried several searches and the photos that come on top, the photographer has is name in the tags.  Still lots of things to learn about the algorithm.  I am traveling and on a laptop at the moment with 12 inches screen,  I really miss my big screen. Tag icons look like little bugs. I will review my dog photos and amend the tags with your suggestions.  Cheers

On 3/14/2018 at 23:21, klod said:

Greetings,

I joined a few weeks ago, from Canada.  I look forward to a long and prosper time on Alamy.  I started to build my portfolio and thought I should take a break from keywords to introduce myself.  My interests in photography include architecture-particularly skyscrapers and mirror buildings and gargoyles, animals-dogs in motion and street photography and reflections. All that shines attracts my lens. And as I love to say, after the rain, everything shines and its my favorite time to hit the streets with my camera, along with my assistant Shiba, the most beautiful dog in the entire world. I also do digital art that looks like its straight out of the 70s -when progressive rock came  about.  I love to socialize on forums to discuss photography, technology and editing techniques.  -My favorite platform is Twitter @claude_klod  I look forward to getting to know you all and discover your styles and see your beautiful photos.

Welcome on Board....I searched you on Twitter, you have some awsome picture... My Twitter handle, @eusaphzae

Archived